Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

I am at a complete loss! (Reverse Thrust Problem)

Hi everyone

I don't know how on earth this has happened but whenever I decrease my throttles to idle the reverse thrusters deploy themselves

I use the Go Flight GR-TQ6 and at first I thought it was that .... but if I use just the keyboard ... using Numerical Keys 3 and 9 to control the engines when I depress key 3 to idle it once again activates the reverse engines!!

It surely has to be a setting in P3D but for the life of me I can't work out what's causing this and how to rectify it

Any pointers for me would be well appreciated

Cheers

Paul

Go with the paid version of FSUIPC and you can calibrate your throttles there and include an offset for reverse thrusters.  When you use FSUIPC, you delete/eliminate the commands in

P3D controller section.

Works like a dream.

Hi cthiggin

Thanks for your suggestion

God knows how I did it but its now sorted ..... phew ....

I have never seen that problem before  .....

Thank you for your suggestion ... I use the free version ... I'll look at getting the paid one

Thanks again

Paul

My Logitech G940 is unusable without the registered FSUPIC due to both hardware and firmware problems (input spiking, axis reversal during movement, jitter and calibration range errors), but FSUIPC is able to tame them all.  I'd have thrown the G940 away without it.

It's got a lot of other nice little features, too.  I think the autosave function alone just might be worth the price.  I set the autosave as my default flight, so when I load P3D I'm right back in the same plane at the same spot, with all the controls in the same position as I left them.

Not sure if the free version of FSUIPC is set up the same but in the registered version if your throttle axis is calibrated through it you have to specify if the axis includes a reverse zone or not. Default setting includes the reverser zone so that said if your hardware throttle axis was at 0 (or the lowest setting) you could potentially be in the aircraft's reverser zone in the sim which would mirror the original issue.

I typically set up my GFTQ6 throttles via FSUIPC without any reverse zone enabled; instead electing to have the reversers on a separate axis or programed through a button (F2) that repeats while held. Most the time I use my stand alone Saitek throttle for this purpose.

While there is a learning curve, a registered copy of FSUIPC, is IMO an essential application, even with a basic hardware setup once you get use to it it's hard to do without!

RE Thomason Jr.