Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ready to Join

Finally made a decision to get P3D. Any manual and tweak guidance suggestions? Planning to get Academic as there are no practical benefits to obtain Pro. Thank you

That's the beauty of P3D.. You install it, then you run it.. No tweaking involved.  v2.3 is a thing of beauty. 

The ONLY thing I would say is necessary to complete your P3D migration is the Migration Tool to make installing legacy FSX/P3D 1.x addons easier. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Congrads!  Take a moment to configure the bare sim and see what benefits the lighting and shadow engine settings are capable.  Once you are comfortable with what the sim can do on your puter, should you plan to install 3rd party content, get those that are compatible with P3 2.x and later.  But if you wish to migrate, use the migrator (as mentioned) but proceed gradually.

You may wish to enhance the sim with a few optional core essentials:

1. Terrain - Orbx Global line of products highly recommended (including MESH).

2. Weather - ASN, FSGRW, and OPUS all recommended.

3. Textures -  Rex4 recommended

Cheers!

In SSD's we trust!

Bill is right, no sophisticated tweaks necessary. But I suggest to look through this thread where LM has suggested some modifications to get better performance especially in severe weather conditions.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450843-cloud-hit-temp-fix-by-beau-at-lm/

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

G-YMML1

Welcome to the new world - P3D v2.3!!!

:lol: BR

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |