Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD's UUEE Sheremetyevo released.

First impressions ...

Yes its better than the otherwise excellent freeware UUEE.

Said to be AES compatible (if Oliver gets off his butt).

Quite a number a fine graphic glitches no doubt caused in downsizing textures ... rope, wire, antennae etc.

Worth $A25?  Yes, just.

Appliance, which freeware did you use so far? The one by Mozila, AlexMur and Aniter from 2011?

Without having tested the DD product so far (have just bought it, but can install it not earlier than in the evening) I expect a product that really has the athmosphere of a "living" airport. That was what the UUEE freeware products lacked particularly and why UUEE was most needed of all big Moscow airports in my opinion.

What I have seen from the screenshots at simmarkets: Static Il-96's and Tu-154's while Aeroflot has in fact phased them out...? I do like Stanislaw's static planes but I hope I can deactivate the ones with modern Aeroflot livery while keeping the lovely scrapyard with Il-86 and Il-76.

I will show the airport my father and see if he remembers some parts from his 1968 USSR journey.

Let's meet in Moscow!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Appliance, which freeware did you use so far? The one by Mozila, AlexMur and Aniter from 2011?

Without having tested the DD product so far (have just bought it, but can install it not earlier than in the evening) I expect a product that really has the athmosphere of a "living" airport. That was what the UUEE freeware products lacked particularly and why UUEE was most needed of all big Moscow airports in my opinion.

What I have seen from the screenshots at simmarkets: Static Il-96's and Tu-154's while Aeroflot has in fact phased them out...? I do like Stanislaw's static planes but I hope I can deactivate the ones with modern Aeroflot livery while keeping the lovely scrapyard with Il-86 and Il-76.

I will show the airport my father and see if he remembers some parts from his 1968 USSR journey.

Let's meet in Moscow!

You can deactivate static airplanes in options.

Those older planes in the field will stay I believe, as they're not considered "traffic". It's just a few unfortunate planes which likely won't see service again... Unfortunately such sight is normal in many airports in the east.

which freeware did you use

Hi Harald.

Not sure I'm afraid.  Main folder named UUEE contains two folders named SVO1 and SVO-LC neither of which have read me's or other identifying features.  Sorry.  :(

No problem.

Had my first tests with UUEE. But unfortunately it seems not to have the high standard as Tallinn or the Polish sceneries. Textures are a little bit "washed" and, as Tushka suspected, it's harder on frames than I expected from a DD scenery.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

No problem.

Had my first tests with UUEE. But unfortunately it seems not to have the high standard as Tallinn or the Polish sceneries. Textures are a little bit "washed" and, as Tushka suspected, it's harder on frames than I expected from a DD scenery.

I agree Harald. It is not of the same high quality of Tallinn….almost looks like a different developer.

almost looks like a different developer.

Yes, either this - or hastily converted for FS9 while EETN was planned as FS9 scenery from the beginning.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hard on frames indeed... I don't know what caused it. Even FSX version isn't the usual quality but maybe it makes sence as Sheremetyevo is more closed off to visitors taking photographs than those other airports in smaller and possibly more friendly airport mangement. Not sure how they got permission in the first place or maybe never did, or with help of native Russians.

However, I'm still happy that UUEE was done. It's my hub for flight operations and obviously better quality than the freeware (even though the freeware is good and better for people with older machines).

I have tested a little in the night and there seem to be several frame hogs: At first a file "UUEE_extra.bgl" which contains, according to Stanislaw, extra objects (service vehicles etc.) Then it seems that the taxiway and apron lightings play a prominent role in FPS decrease. While the installer gives us the option to uncheck several object categories, the lighting system should be untouched by these.

Bt it may well be that we just underestimate this airport with its buildings, trees, objects... and it's sheer area.

I have posted a quite long text with some suggestions for improvements at Drzewiecki's forum, read it here:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4700#4700

Also read Stanislaws very kind answer.

almost looks like a different developer.

The manual mentions "subcontractors"...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Spotter's paradise:

140923Yak18UUEE4a_zps0b420ce3.jpg

Towing bar too short?

140923Yak18UUEE5_zps71ff376c.jpg

View at day

140923Yak18UUEE2_zps6a43fdc4.jpg

and at night

140923Yak18UUEE1_zps07ee4a3b.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg