Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Carenado PC-12 released

1. IAS mode does not work at all with FD only (only with the AP engaged)

Um...maybe I'm not following exactly.  Usually, FD mode is to show the Flight Director on the attitude indicator.  IAS mode, in that case, would only make the FD show what pitch you should set (and what the AP would do if it was engaged.  Since AP is not set, it is expecting you, as the pilot, to do it.

In terms of the ALT ARM thing, does sound odd, having to click it off and then back on.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Um...maybe I'm not following exactly.  Usually, FD mode is to show the Flight Director on the attitude indicator.  IAS mode, in that case, would only make the FD show what pitch you should set (and what the AP would do if it was engaged.  Since AP is not set, it is expecting you, as the pilot, to do it.

In terms of the ALT ARM thing, does sound odd, having to click it off and then back on.

Gregg

Gregg, in the real aircraft, the FD will give indications for all lateral and vertical modes - including IAS.  So yes, with only the FD on, and a lateral mode set and IAS set, the flight director will give pitch commands that will maintain the speed at the time theat IAS was pressed.

In other words it should work exactly the same in FD mode as it does in AP mode.

Bert's just kindly sent me through a new DLL and the great news is, he has fixed the AP so that IAS can now be engaged, while 'Alt Arm' is also first engaged.   So with this mod, the AP on the Carenado PC-12 now exactly matches the real world one;   you can press IAS while 'Alt Arm' is engaged, and it works.   It holds speed (after an initial small porpoise, the IAS mode holds speed very very well), and will automatically level off at the preselected altitude/

= :smile:

Bert;     :im Not Worthy: 

At this time however, IAS mode can still not be engaged when just the FD is in use (no AP).

But by heck, no boubt about it, this is a great aircraft.  Carenado's finest for sure.   I can't believe I've just bought the long awaited Aerosoft A318/9, and yet all my time is currently with this fantastic PC-12.

Gregg, in the real aircraft, the FD will give indications for all lateral and vertical modes - including IAS. So yes, with only the FD on, and a lateral mode set and IAS set, the flight director will give pitch commands that will maintain the speed at the time theat IAS was pressed.

Okay, good, they're close.  I hope they fix it. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Okay, good, they're close.  I hope they fix it. 

I think it's a lot more likely that Bert will fix it than Carenado :wink:

How can I get Auto pilot fix as I just purchased the PC 12 and its unusable right now.

How can I get Auto pilot fix as I just purchased the PC 12 and its unusable right now.

Just download and install the PC12 mod v1.8. It's included there.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461589-pc12-overhaul-mod-v10-and-n594wa-repaint-released/

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT