Sign in to follow this  
JB3DG

Milviz F-4 Beta 3 update

So our latest update has introduced several new features. Here are the major ones.

1: INS is finally here. Yep we have a genuine inertial platform in operation although the alignment procedure isn't fully true to life yet. You may have to perform position updates as she WILL drift.

2: Flight Director and various navigation modes. TACAN, UHF(ADF), HDG, and NAV are all active. However do note that for the flight director to function, and for Nav mode to function, the ASN-46 nav computer in the rear cockpit must be on.

3: AoA tones are working.

4: We have fixed the fuel flow bug in FSX when operating in low afterburner stages. Previously you could get fuel consumption near mid-idle throttle ranges around stage 1. No more. She drinks quickly if you light the fires now.

5: This took a while due to stability issues and R&D but I am glad to say it is working for most. We now have new tech for handling the flight model that previously only the major tube devs have been using to my knowledge. We now have the following:
Proper Mach tuck behavior. Careful when letting your speed bleed off in a transonic turn. You may suddenly over G. Also, when accelerating, you may notice a slight pitch movement as you pass through the zone.
Proper Slats behavior. Yep, the proper shift in critical AoA is now occurring.
Drag chute. You guys wont notice this at the moment in this build (its a bit low) but now we can add the extra drag realistically in addition to the drag produced by the air brakes, flaps, and landing gear.

I would like to point out here that due to the nature of our new tech, FSX SP2 and the Prepar3D versions are NOT supported. CTDs will be experienced and we have to compile separate dlls for each version. FSX SP2 in particular cannot be supported because it just doesn't have the Afterburner variables we require. We may setup P3D v1.4 versions and we certainly will do so for v2. However keep in mind that whenever a new version of v2 is released, it will break your F-4 install until we can recompile.

Have fun guys. Lots more awesome things still incoming. Its a blast working with talented devs like my good friend Federico Sucari, Chuck Jodry, Bernt Stolle, and many other contributors.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Fantastic!!! Thanks very much for the update.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

My GPU is not DX 11 supported, (I know, how lame is that?).. will I have issues running the phantom? Thought I would just wait till it is complete but I cant resist to get even at Beta state. Thanks

Gorky Max

My GPU is not DX 11 supported, (I know, how lame is that?).. will I have issues running the phantom? Thought I would just wait till it is complete but I cant resist to get even at Beta state. Thanks

If it supports DX10 at least (and you are running Vista/Win7 or higher) you will be fine.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion