Sign in to follow this  
Luis Cortez

Can't Start Engines After Shutdown

Hey!

So I bought the Lear last week, and I absolutely love it! I've been doing a few flights, and I always start with the cold and dark scenario that I downloaded from LHC's website. But, on 3 different occasions I can't get the engines to start a second time after I shut them down, so I have to reload the panel state and reload fuel / payload again. Is there a reason as to why this is happening?

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Are you sure the batteries are charging? The  generators are on? Sounds like maybe, perhaps the batteries go dead sometime during the flight, or you leave them on too long after shutdown/before startup and they drain and are too low...? Is there an APU you can use? Start the APU and use it to start the engines? I don't have the plane or even FSX (just good old fs2004) but there are a few scenarios that the batteries don't get charged back to full after a start due to the lack of a generator switch in the cockpit. You have to, in that situation, use a plane with a gen switch in the cockpit as a default and make sure it's "ON" before loading the plane you want, or adding a generator switch to the bird that's lacking.

May or may not be the situation, I don't know. Just offering a suggestion :)

Pat☺

Also, even though the Lear does not have mixture controls, if you have hardware mixture controls make sure both the left and right are full rich or use the keyboard shortcut for mixture to full rich.    I started having problems with being able to start the right engine, left engine no issues.   Turns out I needed both my CH throttle quadrant mixtures to be full rich to start.    In your case also make sure the wing tip tanks are full, if you are trying to restart after a flight.    If I understand correctly, this aircraft uses the fuel from the wing tips first, so if they are empty, the engines may not start.   Hope this helps. 

Mike