Sign in to follow this  
krono

Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine

Hi

I use P3d on my main machine with pilot2atc on my network machine. Using the PTT button on your yoke connected to the main machine is possible. After hunting over the net I found this solution that works beautifully with pilot2ATC. I have to thank VPilot for the information here as it is wrttien for their software but it also works for our situation here. If you use the pdf file on the link below you will be able to use your PTT button as you hope to using Peter Dowson's registered versions of FSCUIP and FSCUIP Wide.

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/Files/vPilotNetworkSetup.pdf

Sorry for the double post

I hope this helps.

Ken B)

I've had several folks asking how to run Pilot2ATC on a second PC.  Several have been successful too!

If you have the full (paid) version of FSUIPC, Ken's solution above should work.  I haven't tried it, but because Pilot2ATC interacts with the SIMs via FSUIPC, I think it should work.  You will still have to be sure and connect your headset to the machine running Pilot2ATC if you want to interact verbally with the controllers.

If you're willing to have a keyboard key or button on a separate joystick for your PTT button and have the X-Plane or P3D/FSX sounds come from the speakers of the SIM machine, here are some general instructions to get you going even if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC:

1- Install WideFS/WIdeClient on the remote machine according to the instructions on the FSUIPC site

2- Do a full install of Pilot2ATC on the remote machine

3- Connect your headset to the remote machine and be sure that it is set as the default recording device

4- On the Joystick tab of the Config window in Pilot2ATC, set a keyboard key as the PTT button.

OR

4a- Connect a joystick or similar device with a button to the remote PC and set a Joystick button  on that device as the PTT

5-Configure the SIM (X-Plane or FSX/P3D) to output its sound to the speakers of the main machine

This should do it.  If you want to try this, you can just download the full Pilot2ATC Trial to your remote machine and use the 15 day free trial to test it out.  If you want to permanently move your license to the remote machine, just drop me an email and I'll be glad to reset your license to allow a new activation on the remote machine.

Dave

Hi

I have my head phones connected to the main computer running p3d. I use a program called Multiplicity that enables the use of one mose and keyboard over networked computers. In fact when Multiplicity is connected you cannot tell most of the time that you are on networked machines. You simply move your mouse over to the screen and your mouse is automatically connected. This program also has an audio to it that allows the sound from my second machine to be played through my main computer. By getting my main computer to send this input to my headphones I can use the headphones normally for P3d on the main computer while also using my heaphones with networked programs like Pilot2ATC and FSFlyingSchool which are both networked at the same time. So you only use 1 set of headphones, 1 mouse and 1 keyboard all plugged into the main computer. This gives P3d through main speakers and ATC through headphones.

I almost forgot, my microphone is connected to the networked machine for the verbal inputs.

I hope this can help someone.

Ken

What if I'm using XPUIPC on XPlane computer and its Wide Client on PC running P2A... I currently have this running (along with Multiplicity... Thanks for the info. Ken) without issues. But now would like to have Yoke button on X-Plane PC to be my PTT on P2A PC.

Maybe I'm missing something above, but not understanding how to setup X-Plane or XPUIPC or Wide Client or P2A to do this.

I'm thinking to buy a USB mouse, take it apart, use its hardware inside my Yoke (replacing the leads to my Yoke button with that of one of the mouse buttons), then take that mouse hardware and plug it into PC with P2A. It might be crude, but I don't know while the software, but do understand hardware.

Any help before I start pulling apart my Yoke would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark Anthony

let me add to the Remotely connected fray and offer streamwhatyouhear which allows you to NOT be directly headphoned to your remote machine...mine is LAN Connected in the next room and so is RCV4.3...check out  StreamWhatYouHear

http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/

...slight delay...but...it works great with RCV43...and it should work with the above mentioned remote PTT button as a compliment to this very titillating program I am testing called Pilot2ATC...some terrific features....but I am reallllly gunshy after my beloved VoxATC being orphaned by the dev.

enjoy yall...had a really cool flight from beginning to end....flaws...yes..but...P2A shows promise...and so does the dev...Thanks for the Trial Dave!...Well Done!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Did you figure out how to use the yoke PTT in x-plane for a remote Pilot2ATC? I have been looking for a solution with no luck?

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Did you figure out how to use the yoke PTT in x-plane for a remote Pilot2ATC? I have been looking for a solution with no luck?

Hi

If you use Spad.next you can have all of your controls on the networked machine. Doing this allows the PTT switch to be used normally with Pilot2ATC without any extra work. Spad.next works on FSX P3d and x-plane so good luck.

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for your original post...........I am considering using vPilot as you have suggested as I have a network, but I'm not quite sure how vPilot interacts with P2A?

Why do I need vPilot if the combination of FSUIPC and WideFS is capable of sending the PTT character I have chosen to send to the client PC across the network?

Pressing the pre-defined FSUIPC joystick button on the server PC where P3D is located will send it across the network?

Do I need to install vPilot on both the client and server?

I'm a little confused.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi

You dont actually use vpilot. The link I gave originally came from vpilot showing how to set up the button through FSuipc. Page 2 and 3 show you the settings you need. A better way to run your PTT switch is as I said in the last post. If you are using spad.next for your controls then all your controls can be on the networked machine and you can select the PTT switch through the normal way in P2A.  Just a thought.

Ken

Thanks Ken for clarifying that!

As to using Spad.next, that may conflict with my Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS, which has the capability to download a specific profile for each A/C I fly. I'm just not sure how that would work?

Once the custom profile is downloaded and executed inside the HOTAS processor, the only software running is the special USB driver for the HOTAS hardware.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Bill

Spad.next would run perfectly well with your HOTAS it has to be told what control equipment to use so if you dont want it to effect the HOTAS you simply don't program it in. There is a bit of a learning curve in Spad.next but the forum is good and there are a lot of online profiles people have put on.

Ken