Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

2.3 -> 2.4 update report

Following Robs  recommendation the update went smoothly. Thanks Rob!

Product version (see p3d.exe details is 2.4.11570.0; 09/24/2014).

FSUIPC 4936c (current version) OK

ASN SP1 beta5 - does not work

ORBX Modules  OK

AS TwinOtter extd.  OK

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Same response here, followed Rob's guide.  What is it with ASN that makes it very version specific?

Same response here, followed Rob's guide.  What is it with ASN that makes it very version specific?

ASN "hooks" into the guts of P3D. I believe it is hard coded to specific addresses which can change when a new version is recompiled. Actually, depending on what they change, FSUIPC can have the same issues for the same reasons. the product dll's need to reference addresses which are no longer valid.  I am sure Pete and Damian can provide a better explanation but that is the gist of it.  :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Everything good with Robs procedure.

FSdreamteams addon manager refuses.

I'm unsure about the cloud size fix, LM provided a few weeks ago (GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width*0.5, height*0.5 ): removed it and clouds got very big again and frames dropped down to the half. So I assume, this fix should be left in?

But the bugfix list says this have been fixed!?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASN "hooks" into the guts of P3D. I believe it is hard coded to specific addresses which can change when a new version is recompiled. Actually, depending on what they change, FSUIPC can have the same issues for the same reasons. the product dll's need to reference addresses which are no longer valid.  I am sure Pete and Damian can provide a better explanation but that is the gist of it.  :)

Vic

Okay that makes sense thanks for the insight.  Just checked the support forum looks like they already have internal testing with 2.4 and should have it out in a couple days!

One odd thing, maybe cause I have Dino's latest F-35, I get an "F-35 Initialization Error" on start and I have no aircraft.  I went ahead and loaded the A36 saved it off as my default flight.  I did notice also that I couldn't start my port engine on the F-22 only the starboard but will try again now that I have a default flight file that has a valid aircraft.

Otherwise all my other addons (tons of them) seem to be just fine.

Since v 2.4 update, I am no longer working

spending too much time on P3DV24

:drinks:

My update worked flawlessly too, thanks to Rob's instructions.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Mine also but those simconnect files were not in the documents folder. On my V2.3 install (and 2.2) simconnect WAS NOT installed by default.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thank you Rob, first smooth update following you instructions. Finally running in wonderful 4K on the Cobra Curved Display at 60Hz with all settings maxed out and its beautiful. They defo fixed all the cloud issues averaging around 30FPS maxed out.

Thanks again!

Everything good with Robs procedure.

FSdreamteams addon manager refuses.

I'm unsure about the cloud size fix, LM provided a few weeks ago (GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width*0.5, height*0.5 ): removed it and clouds got very big again and frames dropped down to the half. So I assume, this fix should be left in?

But the bugfix list says this have been fixed!?

I think the idea was to remove the cloud size fix before the 2.4 upgrade.

Then the upgrade would apply it's own fix.

Is this what you did?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Finally running in wonderful 4K on the Cobra Curved Display at 60Hz with all settings maxed out and its beautiful.

Must look amazing!

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I think the idea was to remove the cloud size fix before the 2.4 upgrade.

If that was the case then Rob would of included this in the instructions. I patched no problem by following the instructions. I notice the cloud.fx file was not reset to default with the patch process...are we to manually edit it back to default?

The only thing not working in 2.4 is my F1 GTN750 gauge. Off to the F1 forum...

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

the new cloud.fx contains the "quad" fix.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors