Sign in to follow this  
ahammerman

Beta team

Hi guys, I have bought a few of your products and am very happy with them... But id like to know hoe you get to be on the beta team. I have many connections to the Boeing Everett factory and would like to help out with future designs and such.

Thanks, ahammerman

Hi guys, I have bought a few of your products and am very happy with them... But id like to know hoe you get to be on the beta team. I have many connections to the Boeing Everett factory and would like to help out with future designs and such.

Thanks, ahammerman

They have pointed out before that the only way to get on the team is if they ask you to be on it. If you are active on the forums, follow the rules *COUGH*, and look like somebody who will be an asset to the team, they will add you to it. It's incredibly tough to get onto though, I'm only aware of five or so community members here on the beta team that aren't PMDG staff.

ahammerman, don't forget to sign your posts.  B)

There is a sticky post on development here - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451361-12sep14-general-update-on-many-topics/

Basically what Jeremy said: Take some time to get to know the forum, contribute positively and constructively, share the knowledge you have with others who need it, follow the rules (see my point and Jeremy's above about signing posts for a start) and things can happen from there. For what it's worth I was heavily involved in these forums for several years before I was approached to join the beta team back on the MD11.

More importantly, know that beta testing isn't just early access to the product, but involves hard work, repetition, and an understanding of user acceptance testing methodology, as well as a sound understanding of how FSX works "under the hood". It's rewarding work, but not an easy means to get the "next big thing" from PMDG before everyone else. If that's your motivation, (and I'm not suggesting for a second that it is) then I'd suggest you would want to rethink!

Best of luck, and most importantly welcome to the forums.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks i appreciate it! Now one more question. Do you know what planes PMDG is currently working on?

PMDG is presently working on a few projects:

1. Boeing 747 v2 for FSX, which is a complete rework of the Boeing 747 which will bring it up to present standards. It will include the 747-400, 747-400F, and I believe the 747-8I and -8F will arrive shortly after in a paid service pack.

2. Boeing 777 for P3D, this is their fantastic Boeing 777 which is in development for Prepar3D. It will be out sometime between now and next March according to the latest information given. Unfortunately that is not set in stone, so who knows when it will be released.

3. Aircraft for X-Plane, they are developing some aircraft for X-Plane 10. I'm not 100% sure what it is, it might be the Boeing 777, but I really don't know. You'll have to ask someone who is following that development, I'm not.

4. DC-6 for FSX, an aircraft sort of on the back burner from what I can tell. It's mostly being worked on because Robert Randazzo, the CEO of PMDG, flew these aircraft and they have a special place in his heart. This project isn't updated commonly, so who knows when that will roll out of the hangar.

5. Boeing 777-200ER Expansion for FSX, I don't know whether this will ever leave the hangar either, similar to how the 737-900ER and -700ER and other derivatives will likely not be released ever. I have my hopes up, but we'll see where it goes.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to PM me or post again below!

Thanks for all the info guys. And yes I'm looking to help PMDG more then anything. I'm sure you'll be seeing me more often now.

ahammerman

Thanks for all the info guys. And yes I'm looking to help PMDG more then anything. I'm sure you'll be seeing me more often now.

ahammerman

I want to remind you at this point of something "markadeane" and I pointed out to you and concerning a rule you are violating, however. You are required to sign your full, real name on each of your posts. You can set that up through your signature or by typing it with each post. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your posts and eventually your posting privilege. You'll definitely not make it onto the beta team if you don't observe this rule!

The rule is here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/

1. Boeing 747 v2 for FSX, which is a complete rework of the Boeing 747 which will bring it up to present standards.

I hope you don't mean we're just simply taking the original 747 and reworking it to today's standards. We're actually doing all of this from scratch, a clean sheet model.

The models look unbelievable... RSR is a big fan of the 747 and when he saw the model in its full glory, he shed some tears...

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I hope you don't mean we're just simply taking the original 747 and reworking it to today's standards. We're actually doing all of this from scratch, a clean sheet model.

The models look unbelievable... RSR is a big fan of the 747 and when he saw the model in its full glory, he shed some tears...

You know, I'm eager to shed some tears too... :ph34r:

But id like to know hoe you get to be on the beta team. I have many connections to the Boeing Everett factory and would like to help out with future designs and such.

As has been pointed out, getting onto the Beta team is basically a work of getting recognized for contributions here in the forum.  I'd been around since the end of 2006 and didn't get offered a position until 2013.  I'm not saying it takes nearly 8 years of participation (I think Luke was only around for a short while, but his enthusiasm and wealth of facts about the 777 got him in), but that's just how the timing worked for me.  I wasn't around much until about the final stages of the NGX (and when I was around before that, I was usually being a sophomoric idiot - gotta be honest), and spent a bunch of time here since then just trying to answer questions people had.

On the matter of the connections bit, PMDG has a relationship with Boeing that has allowed them to get so much detail into their offerings.  If you think you have some sort of noteworthy (verifiable) connection, then you could always submit a ticket to them via the support portal.

1. Boeing 747 v2 for FSX, which is a complete rework of the Boeing 747 which will bring it up to present standards. It will include the 747-400, 747-400F, and I believe the 747-8I and -8F will arrive shortly after in a paid service pack.

2. Boeing 777 for P3D, this is their fantastic Boeing 777 which is in development for Prepar3D. It will be out sometime between now and next March according to the latest information given. Unfortunately that is not set in stone, so who knows when it will be released.

3. Aircraft for X-Plane, they are developing some aircraft for X-Plane 10. I'm not 100% sure what it is, it might be the Boeing 777, but I really don't know. You'll have to ask someone who is following that development, I'm not.

4. DC-6 for FSX, an aircraft sort of on the back burner from what I can tell. It's mostly being worked on because Robert Randazzo, the CEO of PMDG, flew these aircraft and they have a special place in his heart. This project isn't updated commonly, so who knows when that will roll out of the hangar.

5. Boeing 777-200ER Expansion for FSX, I don't know whether this will ever leave the hangar either, similar to how the 737-900ER and -700ER and other derivatives will likely not be released ever. I have my hopes up, but we'll see where it goes.

A lot of the content here actually relates back to what RSR and I were talking about the other day, actually:

Sometimes more words makes things less accurate than fewer words.

e.g.:

"The pilot was speaking to the controllers in the tower."

Well, what if the pilots were actually talking to the controllers in the TRACON, or Center?  Why not just say "the pilot was speaking to the controllers?"  That way, you really can't be wrong.

Similarly, there's some extra info in some of your points that could be removed to make it a little more accurate.  A quick check of the relevant XPlane and P3D threads can help you fact check it a little bit on those relevant portions.  Also, I don't think RSR is old enough to have a lot of experience on the DC-6.  A particular DC-3, perhaps, but I think the aircraft you're thinking of was his experience with the JS4100.  The backstory of the DC-6 is here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361760-secret-project-1-this-one-is-a-classic/

Still...let it be known that the guy has a soft spot for round engines...

Kyle Rodgers

Out of all the simulations in this hobby, a 747 to the standard of the PMDG T7 is my biggest wish.

As a passenger I have flown more hours in a 747 than any other aircraft. Just can't wait to sit in the virtual cockpit of the PMDG 747 v2.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As has been pointed out, getting onto the Beta team is basically a work of getting recognized for contributions here in the forum.  I'd been around since the end of 2006 and didn't get offered a position until 2013.  I'm not saying it takes nearly 8 years of participation (I think Luke was only around for a short while, but his enthusiasm and wealth of facts about the 777 got him in), but that's just how the timing worked for me.  I wasn't around much until about the final stages of the NGX (and when I was around before that, I was usually being a sophomoric idiot - gotta be honest), and spent a bunch of time here since then just trying to answer questions people had.

On the matter of the connections bit, PMDG has a relationship with Boeing that has allowed them to get so much detail into their offerings.  If you think you have some sort of noteworthy (verifiable) connection, then you could always submit a ticket to them via the support portal.

A lot of the content here actually relates back to what RSR and I were talking about the other day, actually:

Sometimes more words makes things less accurate than fewer words.

e.g.:

"The pilot was speaking to the controllers in the tower."

Well, what if the pilots were actually talking to the controllers in the TRACON, or Center?  Why not just say "the pilot was speaking to the controllers?"  That way, you really can't be wrong.

Similarly, there's some extra info in some of your points that could be removed to make it a little more accurate.  A quick check of the relevant XPlane and P3D threads can help you fact check it a little bit on those relevant portions.  Also, I don't think RSR is old enough to have a lot of experience on the DC-6.  A particular DC-3, perhaps, but I think the aircraft you're thinking of was his experience with the JS4100.  The backstory of the DC-6 is here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361760-secret-project-1-this-one-is-a-classic/

Still...let it be known that the guy has a soft spot for round engines...

Thanks for the information. I just thought I knew about it. I definitely agree checking around and fact checking everything that people say is a good idea, just to be sure about it.

Here's the easiest way to get on. Start a career in aviation (if you're crazy enough). Spend 5 or 6 years getting qualified for the airlines then work your way up to what ever plane pmdg is designing, get a thousand out so plus hours on it, then apply to be a beta tester. Oh, just a minute, I said the easy way. That's the hard way.

Here's the easiest way to get on. Start a career in aviation (if you're crazy enough). Spend 5 or 6 years getting qualified for the airlines then work your way up to what ever plane pmdg is designing, get a thousand or so plus hours on it, then apply to be a beta tester. Oh, just a minute, I said the easy way. That's the hard way.

Be awesome?  :ph34r: