Sign in to follow this  
frieone

blurrie textures in v2.4

i have had to go back to v2.3 as the textures are so blurrie any body else having this problem.

this was a fresh windows install and fresh prd3d install went back to v2.3 and every thing looks fine now.

regards ted kiser

I had to add this

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=15

into my prepar3d.cfg to get rid of them.i always used 14 in fsx,no other entries in there apart from this

try it and see if it works for you

steve

P3D works also very well since version 2.3 without an AM in the cfg-file but some user think their P3D works better with a special AM setting. I did some testing with different AM but removed them all.

Spirit

I've read what Lockheed Martain developers had written about AM, and I've started to wonder if there is still a need for an AM tweak on some systems. I'm running with an AMD CPU and I have found that an AM that utilises more cores does make an difffernce. On my 8-Core CPU I found that setting an AM to use 7-cores (AM=254) was a positive improvement, but setting it to use all 8 (AM=255) was a negative improvement.

I need to play with it more, but I do wonder more about how individual settings like AM affect AMD versus Intel CPU systems. I know most people are using Intel for FSX/P3D, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of people with AMD systems giving performance feedback. I'm happy to keep posting my experiences and observations.

I completely left my cfg untouched since 2.3, as that seems to provide the sweet spot on my system (minimizing blurries and maintaining smoothness). One thing I did do was re-enable hyperthreading... 

I do not see it but then I do not use tweaks in the P3D.cfg. Blurries are caused by high settings or inappropriate parameters in the config. BufferPools will cause this too if not properly employed. I know of no tweak that will get rid of the blurries in P3D or FSX. So I agree with others above.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

i have had to go back to v2.3 as the textures are so blurrie any body else having this problem.

this was a fresh windows install and fresh prd3d install went back to v2.3 and every thing looks fine now.

regards ted kiser

That was exactly my experience as well. I have gone back to v2.3, and all ground textures are sharply in focus. A pleasure to see once more. I don't know if you got this as well..but they as compared to textures in v2.3, also a tad grainy appearance . 

Try this:

Under: [MAIN]

Add: Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.33

[default is 0.33, so try a higher value, like 0.40 or 0.50 (I went with 50)]

From Prepar3D Learning Center/ Tuning Guide/ General Performance Guide: "Performance Tuning Tip: This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings."

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

The same here, a real bummer!

I'm starting (in a gallows way..) to feel somewhat better...for it seemed for some time, that I was the only one relating deteriorated texture rendering coming from v2.3.  With going back to v2.3...so too, has the quality of the ground I'm flying over, being returned.

BufferPools will cause this too if not properly employed

Not such a parameter in P3D v2.x!! That's only a FSX thing.

Spirit

I've read what Lockheed Martain developers had written about AM, and I've started to wonder if there is still a need for an AM tweak on some systems. I'm running with an AMD CPU and I have found that an AM that utilises more cores does make an difffernce. On my 8-Core CPU I found that setting an AM to use 7-cores (AM=254) was a positive improvement, but setting it to use all 8 (AM=255) was a negative improvement.

I need to play with it more, but I do wonder more about how individual settings like AM affect AMD versus Intel CPU systems. I know most people are using Intel for FSX/P3D, so there doesn't seem to be a lot of people with AMD systems giving performance feedback. I'm happy to keep posting my experiences and observations.

I have an fx-8350, so I'd be interested to know if you find any good settings.

However I'm getting blurries like those, I was flying at FL310 at M0.7x, so perhaps I was going to fast...? 

Are you using EZDok for your external views? I have no idea why, but when I switch to a default external view I have burred ground textures but when I switch to an external view using EZDok I do not have blurred ground textures.  I originally noticed this when I did a reinstall of v2.3 back when it was first released.  I took a test flight around without any addons and was freaking out because of the blurred ground textures.  I noticed the blurries only occurred when in external view i.e. not VC views looking out of the cockpit window.  I then proceeded to install and setup EZDok and low and behold, no blurries in external views!  Again, I have no idea why.  Even now with EZDok installed, when I switch to a default external view, the ground textures are blurred but not with an EZDok external view.  I should also note that I setup my external views in EZDok starting from inside the VC and then moving outside of the plane (may or may not have anything to do with anything).

Ryan

Ryan