Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Accuracy of the DA40?... also.. RXP?

Andrew,

I think VOXATC is a must for GA training. Get a good USB headphone set and mic, and a copy of voice packs and you'll be amazed.

For GA VFR flying the only thing that's not realistic in US is keying Unicom for airport information. Here's the process using VOXATC for VFR GA from a non tower airfield to a non towered airfield.

Departing airport:

Key Unicom get altimeter winds and runway

Key FSS open flight plan

Key traffic, taxi to runway, takeoff

Key center request flight following - traffic alerts

- really cool

Arrival airport:

Key center request change to Unicom

Key Unicom get airport altimeter, winds, runway

Key traffic announce, downwind, base, final

Key traffic report clear

Key FSS close flight plan

-Good stuff...let me know if you try it.

For towered airports you'll tune the atis, and it gets better.

-Ray 

I was wondering.. why are there six CHT/EGT scales when the largest engine in a DA40 has four cylinders?  :wacko:  I might be reading it the wrong way but the documentation on the surely nice digital gauge isn't available.

Well, it doesn't stop me from flying. Same as the doubled "OIL T" display, where one should be OIL P (for pressure).

Well, nice plane and reasonably priced too. Have fun flying her. :smile:

Hi, both RXP 430 units (unlimited pack) can be installed properly and are fully operable from the VC, or 2d pop up is needed?

The turning knobs for the second unit won't work that good in the VC since only the first unit received the proper 3D model to allow for that. So the answer might be that you only receive a partial VC installation when wanting to operate two RXP units. Additional 2D popup recommended.

Has anyone gotten the Reality XP gns 430 to work? I've tried many times to install it, but to no avail. The first GPS will be replaced, but only by a reality xp background image on the screen of the gps.