Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

FSX Dornier DO-27 X v1.00

I finally bit the bullet... :lol: after 8-9 years...

So I bought the Dornier Do-27 for FSX. However after installation when I select the aircraft in the aircraft selection menu FSX freezes and after a while crashes.

Anyone experiencing this? Are there solutions. At the Aerosoft forum no one seems at home.

FSX Acc

Do-27 X v1.00

Win 7 64 bit

Thanks in advance,

Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi, Rob. Since the sim crashes, it should create an entry in your Windows event log, so that you can catch a lead regarding the module or program in charge.

Thanks CoolIP. Looking at the event log it seems that Flight1SoundStreamFSX.dll has some compatibility issues.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: Flight1SoundStreamFSX.dll, version: 1.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x5005706f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000091e1

Faulting process id: 0x1604

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe0772482cb41

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Flight One Software\Flight1 SoundStream\Flight1SoundStreamFSX.dll

Flight1SoundStreamFSX.dll belongs to Flight1 FS SoundStream which let you hear FSX sounds when FSX is not in focus.

Let's see if disabling the faulting module in the FSX dll.xml solves the problem.

Presto it did solve the problem!

RobdeVries.jpg

Still a fantastic addon after all these years!   Fab, immersive VC, great FDE, and all those mantenance features.  A heck of a lot more interesting that their DA20 Katana!  :smile:

Too bad however that the windows in DX10 even with Steven's DX10 fixer (v2.4) are still somehow opaque? Anyone experiencing this?

RobdeVries.jpg

Presto it did solve the problem!

That was a fast fix, eh?

As for the textures, did you already try to convert them with the toolbox from the fixer? There also is a tag option, in case you haven't tried so far.

Edited. What about the legacy slider? And is the optional rear windows patch for the plane installed?

I have a boxed copy of this somewhere, but I recall this was not a true FSX ac, but a badly ported FS9 model, with prop issues, and awful performance. I like the ac and would give it a try in P3Dv2.4 but doubt it would play nice in that sim... unless it was properly patched-up at some point?

I may risk it, and give it a try.

CoolIP thanks thus far! The link to the window patch seems dead.

What's the tag option in the fixer?

RobdeVries.jpg

Good point on trying Aerosoft. They seem to offer the patch too. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2806-rear-window-fix-for-do-27/ I think it's the same one.

As for the tag option, this is from the fixer's manual:

DX10Toolbox provides an option to “Tag” an individual aircraft Model. This makes some minor tweaks to the materials in the model (adding a tiny specular component) to assist DX10 Scenery Fixer recognize that it dealing with an aircraft and improve the appearance.

You can try it after applying the window patch. Maybe it isn't even needed, I can't try at the moment. :(

Good luck.

Good point on trying Aerosoft. They seem to offer the patch too. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2806-rear-window-fix-for-do-27/ I think it's the same one.

As for the tag option, this is from the fixer's manual:

DX10Toolbox provides an option to “Tag” an individual aircraft Model. This makes some minor tweaks to the materials in the model (adding a tiny specular component) to assist DX10 Scenery Fixer recognize that it dealing with an aircraft and improve the appearance.

You can try it after applying the window patch. Maybe it isn't even needed, I can't try at the moment. :(

Good luck.

It is the same one. I downloaded it when the site pointed too earlier was active and reposted it on the Aerosoft site when the DA link went dead.. 

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA