Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

IRIS Batlefield Airlifter

Hi guys,

it seems that anyone missed that IRIS just released their so called "Battlefield Airlifter" which is pretty much the Alenia C-27J. The product itselfe is a much more sophisticated version of their C-27J (released 2011), later rebranded as "Tactical Airlifter". It is free for all cutomers of the C-27J and the Tactical Airlifter wich I think is a really nice gesture.

So what´s in it?

The outside model wasn´t changed that much, some new paints have been developed whereas the inside has mostly been redone. The systems look now much more like the real thing (although it´s quite far from being correct). An HUD (like in the PMDG 737) is also installed and makes especially landing very easy. The flightmodel is pretty ok I´d say. It has a nice STOL capability which should come in handy when flying to some smalles spots. Fuel range is more than adequate (21.000lbs).

One major downside for me is the fact that the engine-simulation is plain wrong. The featured Rolls-Royce AE2100D3 turboprop-engines should slowly spool up as seen here. Isntead, the default startup-sequence is used, resulting in an really unrealistic kick-start.

That´s my showrt overview so far.

I will eventually make thins into an full fledged review if there´s any demand to do so.

Thanks for the HU. I first thought it was just a P3D enabled installer or something, so no new extras or details. Guess I was wrong.

I'm not entirely convinced if she's worth the money, especially after your remarks on the very default engine model. But, from the looks and operational envelope, it could still be an interesting plane. Replacing C-130s in Antarctica and things like that.

Is the HUD usable with TrackIR or is this a static overlay?

Thanks for the HU. I first thought it was just a P3D enabled installer or something, so no new extras or details. Guess I was wrong.

I'm not entirely convinced if she's worth the money, especially after your remarks on the very default engine model. But, from the looks and operational envelope, it could still be an interesting plane. Replacing C-130s in Antarctica and things like that.

Is the HUD usable with TrackIR or is this a static overlay?

Hi,

i got me the Airlifter. Shot two vids to see on my youtube blog. Start to write a LINDA module for use with USB peripherals like TM Warthog and/or Saitek panels. ATM lights and autopilot functions are in a working LINDA module.

The HGS is usable with TrackIR. It is visible only with the HGS extended and will vanish when head is turned sidewards. The best feature of the HGS is the night vision capability. It can be pitch black and/or CAT III B conditions you will see the scenery through it!!! (wish i had that in my EMJ bird)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Thanks, MJ. I will check the videos you've mentioned. Nice point on the night vision.

That's my Day 4 aircraft, will be doing some screenshots tonight ... FYI, there is a v1.2 update/install that I haven't done yet.

Cheers, Rob.

That's my Day 4 aircraft, will be doing some screenshots tonight ... FYI, there is a v1.2 update/install that I haven't done yet.

Cheers, Rob.

Lookin forward to what you get out of it :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Haven´t updated either. Feedback will probably come on friday evening. 

Got the 1.2 update will test it! Foe folks using LINDA got the module almost ready. It features full start up sequence.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Got the update ... but was some issue with getting it from Just Flight web site ... first time for download i was still v1.1 ... then later in the day it was v1.2.

I couldn't find an uninstaller for v1.1 so just wiped the directory in SimObjects and installed v1.2.

Didn't get to do Day 4 screenshots ... will do tonight.

Cheers, Rob.

Got the update ... but was some issue with getting it from Just Flight web site ... first time for download i was still v1.1 ... then later in the day it was v1.2.

Iris (supposely David Love-Price) told on their Facebook-page that JustFlight had mixed something up with the update. Seems to be fixed by now. 

The v1.2 made it to FSPilotshop this morning.

@MJ, I would be interested in your LINDA module when you are comfortable sharing it.

Installed 1.2 and most problems have dissappeared but a new one popped up for me.  The props go  pretty much silent in reverse when landing instead of louder.  They are in reverse for sure cause she slows fast without brakes.  Appreciate it if someone could verify this.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

@MJ, I would be interested in your LINDA module when you are comfortable sharing it.

Hello Henry,

i put it up on my dropbox later that day and post the link here.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi Henry,

module is up go get it here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0fzimeea6yddo2/Linda%20Module%20IRIS%20Battlefield%20Airlifter.rar?dl=0

If you have any questions drop me a line. Be adviced my LINDA knowledge is quite basic for now ;) Will try to advance it in the future

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg