Sign in to follow this  

DBS Airport GPS: anyone here who has it working...?

After giving it a lot of thought I finally bought DBS Airport GPS. It's quite cheap but for what it offers it could be cheaper. ;) Anyway, it won't run... I keep on getting errors about MSVCR120.dll not being on my PC. I run Windows 8.1. I did install Visual Studio 2013 and copied mfc120u.dll into the DBS folder, so I've done everything I should be, but none of the available exe's work... And of course the sim sees nothing.

So I was wondering if anyone here has this addon working with P3D 2.3 on a Windows 8.1 PC...? If so, how the heck did you do it!?

Yikes... just read that activation (if I ever get that far :mad: ) can take up to 18 hours...? So it's not an automated system, apparently, and you have to wait for the developer to be awake and behind his PC. Does this mean you have to do this everytime you reinstall the addon? Or is there some way you can save that activation data? Just curious. I frequently reinstall my OS and I'd hate having to wait that long for every activation...

I mailed the developer about my problems but after looking at the activation details, I lost hope of actually using this addons this evening. I was about to take off from Heathrow when I thought I really needed some guidance and so I bought this one, expecting to be using it 5 minutes later LOL. How spoiled we are with speedy activations...

You get a key which you can save for later re-installs. At least this was the case two years ago.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It's a great little program (DBS) but I have never been able to get it working in ANY version of P3D. Contacted the dev a while back  ( 1-2 years) and they said it was NOT compatible.

I heartily recommend the Aivlasoft EFB especially if you have a second monitor!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

If I recall right, they released a special P3D2 Version a few months ago.

Aivlasoft EFB is certainly good, but its price is >> that of DBS and it has a much steeper learning curve than DBS. I use Apollo Airmap, which works great either (and does not necessarily require a flight plan as EFB does), but its price is >> that of DBS too. I don't think that's what Jeroen is looking for.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

... or FSTramp (successor to FS9's FSNavigator) which offers 20 (I think) free flights before purchase.

but its price is >> that of DBS too. I don't think that's what Jeroen is looking for.

Exactly. ^_^ I've used the demo of EFB but I ended up only using it for taxi... and paying 70 bucks for a taxi addon.... I don't think so. ^_^ I already found DBS's price a bit too high LOL And yes, there is a new version of DBS Airport GPS for P3D now! In fact, you have to buy a specific P3D version.

Good to know about the key you can save btw: I hope it still works like that.

Bummer.... anyone knows if DBS is actually still alive...? Maybe someone else bought something from DBS lately? I still haven't heard anything...

I have tryied seval times, eight emails, to the suppor of dbsstudio for help and no answer.

I loaded in fsx the addon, is there but when trying to activate nothing happens, reinstaled three times.

Can any one help me, thanks in advance

Ruben

Bummer.... anyone knows if DBS is actually still alive...? Maybe someone else bought something from DBS lately? I still haven't heard anything...

I bought this from Sim Market (for FS9) and also have had no response regarding activation.

Relying on the software producer to be alive and awake is a truly stupid activation system, also the first time I have fallen for it.

Oh wait, there was this Ariane Boeing, years ago... took about 6 months to convince them I was not a pirate stealing their IP.

Could this be a Russian thing?

Glad to hear there are others with the problem, it will lend credence to my continued beating on the vendor's door perhaps. 

ruben and Wingz

I requested a refund via the payment website (think it was paypal) and got it.

Support is nonexistent.

Jay

Don't know whether you are aware but if not ... clicking on 'Store' at the DBS website takes you to 4SimShop which seems to have more detailed activation procedures than displayed at simMarket.

The activation procedure is well enough described within the software... nada.

My only recourse is through Sim Market in any event, and I have asked for a credit against future purchase at their online store.

My only recourse is through Sim Market in any event, and I have asked for a credit against future purchase at their online store.

I hope you are successful WingZ.  These days at simMarket you have to give away all rights to your first-born it seems   :excl: