Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

This isn't directed at Mitch, but just a word of caution to anybody following this thread. Just be careful. You will need to uninstall the laptop driver and then use a driver cleaner, before reinstalling a new desktop driver version (ala reverse of Rich's installation procedure for the 344.24 mobile driver set). The laptop drivers leave around a bunch of files that will cause your system to be in a permanent mess.

More on DSR:

Good heads-up, jabloom!

I take it that you you have tried DSR with Rich's(et Al) installation procedure, and have also run a cleaner when you uninstalled it...

1. why did you uninstall it ?

2.what cleaner did you use?

Thanks,

Chas

For whatever reason I get better performance, and visuals, running a much higher DSR than better modes of AA.

...i wonder If your running DSR on a Titan has anything to do with the performance ...

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

There is no need to use the laptop driver since there is now a perfectly fine desktop driver, 344.65. No special precautions are needed.

I noticed when I change the resolution in P3D my windows is now maintaining that new higher resolution all you need to do is right mouse click on your desktop  and hit screen resolution  and return it back to default

Your welcome but all thanks goes to Mark at orbx forums

Costly in my case depends on your aircraft of choice the lighters one no problem - I have noticed 319 bus just a little sluggish external view panning around aircraft - yet the FPS were fine - cs777 not loaded yet as I am trying to get my head around all of this - DSR or not this driver rocks using it without DSR

.......- after all of this I still think this driver all by itself is awesome DSR or not sim has never been this smooth - so if your not into DSR get it anyway

Thank you Richard, Nvidia and all those who participated in this quest for glory....My contribution

EOgLOdM.jpg

Regards,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thank you kind sir!! AND all those who contributed to this find!

Your welcome and what a great shot - gauges look very sharp -  thanks for sharing it

I use payware - drivercleaner.net - its great been using it for years

Rich Sennett

I dont quite fully understand what I am doing wrong here. I have followed steps provided in this thread and tried for instance 2x with 30-33 % smoothness. When I go to full screen, the FPS drops like a bomb. 

bump'di'do

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

There is no need to use the laptop driver since there is now a perfectly fine desktop driver, 344.65. No special precautions are needed.

i installed the above, and lost shadowplay AND 344.24's ability to change resolutions.  The choices that I made in the Control Panel pane are available, but do not affect prepared 3-D… While if I change resolution inside of windows itself, windows will in fact show that change but P3D will not,as it did in 344.24.

BTW..., any pictures , any screen grabs that you UPLOAD here are not representative of what you are seeing inside of your Sim...see http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored . He contends that only viable screenshots are those that are taken from the individual frames of shadowplay or DXTORY, or other motion grabbing program, NOT print screens.

....if you chose the 3840x2160 res for P3D,and did a print screen, that's what you will see… Not  enhanced down-sampled 1920x1080....

just repeating what he said...soooo, bottom-line of at least the picture that I submitted?...it was beautiful, but it was 3840x 2160 NOT DSR beautified 1920x1080...sob

Any ideas guys?

Chas

Has anyone tried driver 344.75? Does it work or does it have to be 344.24 ?

Yup! As of this afternoon...appears to have the same problem as my last post re:DSR.

, but I did a vid 4x res Shadowplay vid(with no apparent effect unlike Nvidia v 344.24) which lost its audio about 30 min in.

Here is an edit..be sure to use HD settings...

For some reason, I am not allowed to post this I pasted the LINK HERE...BET ITS GONE BY THE TIME I POST THIS->

<-... So if you want to see the above referenced vid go to my "hesynergy" channel on YouTube...it's the latest one

Regards,

Chas

PS....okaaaayyyyy I guess I am a liar… But will it stay there?

What happens if one buy a 4K monitor with a so called minimum resolution? Can't I run FSX in 1920x1080 then?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth