Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

FSX DTC Help Windows 8.1 Pro {Crashing} Please losing will to live Stackhash/Bex

Ok Back to normal error from start again. But what's odd and how I reproduce it is the following. Keep pressing buttons on the toolbar at top. Do this a some times. And going through speed modes, views and things. It eventually just freezes and crashes. The UIautomation thing seemed to be the only thing at one point allowing me to use the pmdg 737's fmc without it freezing and crashing.

Many thanks

Yes, that is the only scenario that fixes freezes and crashes when clicking on the menu and right clicking frequently (has to be at least 19 times though!!). Make sure you have the right version installed in your main fsx folder (see AVSIM CTD Guide).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Without UIAutomation dll thing

===========================

Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BEX Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: fsx.exe P2: 10.0.61472.0 P3: 475e17d3 P4: StackHash_3e9b P5: 0.0.0.0 P6: 00000000 P7: PCH_03_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x000B9E03 P8: c0000005 P9: 00000008 P10: Attached files: C:\Users\bradl_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WERABDC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_5a76b222fbeee9ea1b7ec557481c2cff91282c2c_75b82f04_21b6b38c Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 003a40fd-5619-11e4-80b6-902b34591279 Report Status: 97 Hashed bucket:

=========================

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x77421a91 Faulting process ID: 0x22a8 Faulting application start time: 0x01cfea254f579821 Faulting application path: D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe Faulting module path: unknown Report ID: 003a40fd-5619-11e4-80b6-902b34591279 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

The only solution to a StackHash that I know of is reinstalling MyTrafficX and not loading any external AI schedules. Just use the default. There is one only known solution and that was with individuals who had two monitors who shutdown FSX in full screen mode. StackHash! Shutdown FSX in windowed mode and no crash. Other than that, it is high settings that is normally the culprit. There is no secret code in your crash report that tells me or any computer expert what caused your crash(es) but there is the Memory_Access_Violation code (c0000005) that shows up with most FSX crashes and it indicates high settings or a bad parameter (read: tweak) in your fsx.cfg.

I have proof beyond any doubts here in this forum that the uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx folder does not stop crashes from occurring. When the individuals post there AppCrashView Report it will show that the uiautomationcore.dll is in the main fsx folder but the individual got a crash anyway. They remove the uiautomationcore.dll and the crash goes away for some. Sometimes people throw in the wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll. Causes a crash. They put in the 64 bit version of the dll thinking they are running Windows 64 bit so they need the 64 bit version in there. No, FSX is a 32 bit application so only the 32 bit version will work.

The AVSIM CTD Guide shows how everyone has been able to fix their StackHash crashes but there is no known fix that works for everyone. Once, when I got a Stackhash (and I have had many), I simply reinstalled Windows 7 then slowly but surely reinstalled FSX and all of my hundreds of addons being careful to check for crashes or errors each time I added something. Now I'm enjoying w/few crashes (I still get crashes occasionally but I know what did it). For instance, I would go into my BIOS and change a voltage setting in my Overclock. Next time I would run FSX, it would crash, maybe a BSOD with the 0124 error. Uh, it's a bad overclock, better move that setting back. CTD's and BSOD's go away.

Hope you get your crashes figured out soon.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Right so last options before I chuck it out the window. This is how I reproduce the crash so quickly. I put it in x32 or fastest mode and mess with the settings until it crashes. It still crashes on normal flights also though so it's the same result. My guess is that settings are to high even if my computer is high spec. What can you recommend me tweaking/lowering. And also before I forget I believe it's overclocked. Not sure what to as scan.co.uk did it themselves. This could also be a culprit, but would have no idea about bios. More thinking settings as there all set pretty high.

Many thanks

Bradley

Most likely, if your system was overclocked by experts, it is okay. I built my system and overclocked my system as many members here have done. I believe your fsx/display driver settings are the issue. If you look in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide it will show you my suggested configuration/settings. I would only change the LOD_Radius to 6.5 or Texture_Max_Load to 2048 (you can try 4096, the max, but if you have FPS or CTD's, this is the probable cause). We followed the guidelines for settings as recommended by other product developers like Orbx/FTX in their manuals.

I just ran the PMDG 777-300 with the latest SP1C update and got 70-80 fps in wing view over MSEV2 California, ASN, FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KSFO. The fps are a lot higher than what I had seen previously. Might be caused by the update and maybe the latest release of ASN too.

You might want to also look in the manuals for the Dubai airport and the other scenery addons you have installed for suggestions. Just remember that Autogen is a frame rate killer in FSX so be very careful with this setting. Although I do not need or use Autogen, there are enhanced Autogen packages in the AVSIM Library and/or the Internet. Just search for enhanced Autogen fsx. They may or may not provide performance gains. Be very careful with REX Direct Textures. Leave the textures at the default. They look very nice at 512/1024 (with Texture_Max_Load 2048 in the FSX.cfg). I think the clouds they did are better than the default even at 512/1024. But, if you want higher, then prepare to bring your computer to its knees as it simply is no fun flying around with single digit fps or frame rates in the teens.

Another major recommendation is to change the zoom level of your sim by clicking on the minus sign when in spot view or wing view. More realistic if the zoom is at 40 or 50.

We are not there yet where you can see people on top of buildings and on streets. Maybe P3D, X-Plane or Outerra can provide that someday.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Can I change both of these? I'm about to do a group flight. I'm not going to use Acceleration mode or anything and I will update you on that. Can I do both of these (LOD_Radius to 6.5 or Texture_Max_Load to 2048). Currently just set Texture_Max_Load to 2048 on this flight..

Many thanks

Bradley

You change both of them.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

11:00 19/10/2014

Ok Uninstalled that because that was no good. And made no difference. So I looked at another post suggesting to put the WideAspectview thing to true as I have well wide full hd monitors. And the stackhash has gone away after aceloration mode but it still crashes. But it's a different one now http://pastebin.com/V4xCFFJu

Here is a screenshot of all of the C++ things installed. Sorry I really have looked over the guide 1000+ times now and I thought I had done everything.

http://s9.postimg.org/59vr0fsi7/image.png

13:53 19/10/2014

Latest update. I'm Noticing because I've just done another flight after this. I'm noticing it varys between stackhash with no faulting information and then changes to the one above. It's very odd.

The two main Microsoft Visuals used by FSX are 2005 and 2008. The correct versions are installed with your installation of FSX/Acceleration. Addons, like PMDG will use later Microsoft Visuals, like 2010. There are none that I know of that use any Microsoft Visuals after 2010, including the latest version of P3D (which you don't have - just making a point).

You do not need Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 (x64) or 2008 (x64). No applications use it and I'm surprised they somehow got installed. The only version of Microsoft Visual 2008 is version 6161 (x86). The X64 and other older versions can be uninstalled to save space. You only need the 61001 and 56336 versions of Microsoft Visual 2005. Everything else is taking up space.

The latest error was caused by a Windows 8 version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. If you delete the Windows 8 version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 as above, it should go away. FSX should be looking for version 8.00.50727.6195 - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347.

I have been seeing more and more MSVCR80 crashes and I can only assume that Windows 8 is messing up everyone's installing of Microsoft Visual C++2005. This modules are not backward compatible and why Microsoft is trying to update an almost 10 year old program is beyond all measures of comprehension. Maybe they did it for one of their older games which they still support. In any case, they are messing up FSX.

Sorry I really have looked over the guide 1000+ times now and I thought I had done everything.

No need to look at the guide anymore. No one really wants to read manuals, me included. But I do not know how you can investigate the scene of your crashes without it though. For instance (and I think I have already stated this 1000 times), only you can fix your problems. The CTD Guide has a picture of all of the required Microsoft Visuals yet you had to put in a link to a picture of what is on your computer for me to look at again. The info is in the guide. Nothing has changed since 2006 when FSX was first developed. The guide tells you have to disable any modules you might have in your dll.xml to troubleshoot. It tells you how to remove your fsx.cfg to rebuild it as this is basically the same thing as reinstalling FSX. It fixes so many errors it's crazy!! Mostly because people put tweaks in their fsx.cfg and, well, they just do not work. Yes, they work for hundreds of other people, but they don't work for everyone. The guide tells you to disable addon scenery as it is well known that scenery and scenery textures will cause CTD's if the product or installation is corrupt. If you look in probable causes of crashes, you will see the StackHash probable solutions or what fixed the problems for others in the past. I know you don't want to do those things. You are looking for someone to say, delete logbook.bin and go fly! It's not going to happen as none of the solutions to crashes are that simple. Not even that uiautomationcore.dll "fix" that actually creates even more problems for many (that module use to be a memory leak for users of Windows 8 - think Microsoft fixed it by now - fingers crossed).

But I digress. Good luck getting your problem(s) fixed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok Thank you for all your help regarding this issue. I've literally done everything now. Including removing the relevant Microsoft Visuals. There's not a lot more I can do now.

People have said to turn virtual memory to system managed? And other things like Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. And off course compatibility mode. And can I ask one very simple question. Is it possible that time acceleration mode could cause this crash?

Many thanks

Bradley

People have said to turn virtual memory to system managed?

This is what AVSIM recommends in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide. I highly recommend it too. Bad page file settings can cause problems. I don't think most people set the min/max setting correctly.

And other things like Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Not recommended you touch this setting but then, why not? Go ahead and try it. If it doesn't resolve your problem, just uncheck it.

Is it possible that time acceleration mode could cause this crash?

I've never heard of this causing a StackHash but StackHashes are mostly impossible to diagnose not only for FSX but for any application. I use to get OOM's much faster with time acceleration set to 4X's. I had my settings too high or a voltage setting in the BIOS was too high or too low. Sometimes I got an ntdll.dll crash too. Stuff has to be rendered faster and, if you have bad tweaks or high settings, it makes it happen much faster. I would never recommend any acceleration above 4x's. The only way you can investigate this is to not use acceleration for one flight and see if this fixes your problem. If it does, then your acceleration was set too high. I suspect you are trying to get from point a to point b faster. Have you tried Quantumleap in the AVSIM Library? This program allows you to 'leap' whenever you want from a point to another point in your flight.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you for the response. Shall read properly tomorrow. I do the Time Acceleration just to try and reproduce the error. But it does bring this error without it also..

Many thanks

Shall go through everything tomorrow.

It's late here

Bradley