Sign in to follow this  
adi518

SimLauncherX - The freeware tool everyone has been waiting for!

Can anyone report about performance when using the moving map and APP on another full screen? I ditched EFB because if absolutely killed my computer running it alongside P3D

I only have one screen, and running SLX does not have any performance impact on my P3D (using i7-2600k and GTX660).

But please try it, it is freeware!

I start P3D with this for the application target:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "Prepar3d 2.2" /High "P:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe"

Is there somewhere I can do this in your most excellent awesomest super duper masterpiece of a program?

You can try to set this as startup in the 'profile'.

Please make new threads for support subjects in future. Makes it easier to locate for others ☺

Donation sent as well.

This all-in-one tool is soo smart!

I couldn't have dreamt about a better addon for P3D.

Being able to display a map with nav data on full screen reminds me FSNavigator.

Just perfect for bush flying!

Marteen, you rock!

^_^

Is it possible to setup a key to open it in fullscreen or do we have to ALT+TAB?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

No key AFAIK Alvega.

You have to switch to windows view once then select "Always on top" on the View tab.

Then you can resize the window, double clic on it to display the map only and use it on FSX/P3D full screen.

Maybe Maarten can improve this feature but because of FSX/P3D limitations I am not sure he can assign a key from the simulator to display/hide the window.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi David,

I'm opening it in full screen with ALT+TAB and closing it by clicking some place in the screen outside SLX window. Pressing ALT+TAB opens it again. That way i don't need to have it always opened. But a shortcut to open it with one key would be even better, but i also don't know if that is possible.

Thanks and regards.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Wouldn't it be good if you could share profiles for a flight ie PMDG737 YMML TO YSSY ASN weather, ORBX SCENERY etc, then we could all share flights and plans load them into SLX as a profile and click fly now. :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Please make new threads for support subjects or feature requests.

That makes it also easier to find back subjects for others and benefit from it as well.

Now it will be lost in one big long thread that nobody is going to read and ask the same things over and over again.  :smile:

So let's open a Feature requests topic and a Bug report one!

:-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Wow this is truly impressive!   I forgot about this when the new startup menus appeared in p3d but I have to say wow!

what a really handy tool! Youve thought of everything from flushing scenery indexes, to having the process monitor right there, and ezdok settings.

I will be sending a little donation too next payday for sure. Thank you

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Feature requests:

a) slider for fuel. Ought to work well enough with most lighter planes

B) option to freeze time

c) button to spawn into stock cp3d scenario screen

d) if I've renamed the panel folder, why not to hide planes from the list as well?

Feature requests:

a) slider for fuel. Ought to work well enough with most lighter planes

B) option to freeze time

c) button to spawn into stock cp3d scenario screen

d) if I've renamed the panel folder, why not to hide planes from the list as well?

Hi I don't know who you are,

b) What do you mean with 'freeze time'?

c) I don't understand the request. The whole purpose of SimLauncherX is to be able to skip this screen.

d) aircraft without a panel.cfg file are considered to be AI aircraft and are excluded from the list

Maarten

Will this load my CH Products profile as well? 

Hi I don't know who you are, 

Can you please explain what you expect to happen with your CH profiles? If you want to run a program just before the simulator starts or just after the simulator has started, use the Launch window.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Can you please explain what you expect to happen with your CH profiles? If you want to run a program just before the simulator starts or just after the simulator has started, use the Launch window.

thanks, Maarten

If I want to use my CH controllers with FSX, I am required to first launch the CH Control Manager, select a profile, and load it, before launching the sim. Otherwise, the hardware will not connect. I was wondering if I can automate this process within SimLauncherX.

I admit, I have not researched this freeware at all. I will download the manual and read before asking any more questions. Thanks much.

If I want to use my CH controllers with FSX, I am required to first launch the CH Control Manager, select a profile, and load it, before launching the sim. Otherwise, the hardware will not connect. I was wondering if I can automate this process within SimLauncherX.

I admit, I have not researched this freeware at all. I will download the manual and read before asking any more questions. Thanks much.

Hi,

Why do you not want to tell me who you are?

Anyway, you can create a launch entry to start the CH Control Manager and set the 'Arguments' to the profile you want to load.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Wouldn't it be good if you could share profiles for a flight ie PMDG737 YMML TO YSSY ASN weather, ORBX SCENERY etc, then we could all share flights and plans load them into SLX as a profile and click fly now. :)

Added name sorry Wayne

Added name sorry Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART