Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Flight Gear v3.2 released!

Question

12 answers to this question

I've downloaded it "again". I've tried it last year (3.0 I think) and I was not conformtable with it. But this time, I told myself "Plz try it more than one shot" and I listened to myself!

I admit that more I use it, more I like (Love?) it and what a nice weather engine !!!! This is IMHO, the most realistic (stock) sky / fog ambiance i've ever experienced.

This FG beast will stay on my hard drive

I make this video 

May encourage someone to try FlightGear 3.2

Excellent!  Thank you!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have downloaded all the previous versions and installed all previous FlightGear and then uninstalled them because they were not a good as FSX. Is  this version better?

Complex question :-)

Well, actually, there are many possible answers... From the flight dynamics PoV, FG has the same and actually more potential than MSFS, specially if used with the JSBsim framework. As you certainly know, in FG you can use 2nd order derivates for Cl, Cd, ..., so, if you have access to good aero data, at least theoretically you can come up with more detailed and realistic flight dynamics....

Unfortunately only a couple of the many aircraft models I tried for FG really convinced me of this potential, but I still find FG a promising platform.

Graphically, IMHO, it can't still compete with the best available for FSX, or X-Plane 10.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

It seem a simple question to me. I shalln't  bother downloading - it's still seems to be a matter of hope against experience.

It seem a simple question to me. I shalln't bother downloading - it's still seems to be a matter of hope against experience.

That's what i was thinking also. I did a first try and said: Nah! it's not good. But I've keep trying and found out it's not that bad and now i'm find myself using it more and more. As JRcomm mentioned: It doesn't have the bells and whistles of a FS or an X-Plane in term of graphical entertainment, but the realism is there, especially the weather and sky rendition and that's the reason I appreciate it.

This is not for the casual simmers who wants a "world and life and everything spectacular" simulator

I tried today FG 3.4 RC1 and DHC-6 And I have to say that I now have a lot of fun :)

Thx for the nice video Radino.

Indeed nice features coming with 3.4:

http://www.flightgear.org/info/a-preview-of-features-for-flightgear-3-4/

Main Simulation Rig: