Sign in to follow this  

iFly 737 for P3D v2.4 ...

Seeking iFly 737 experienced users ... I seem to be having considerable problems with this aircraft primarily CTDs frequently even with just simple task like switch to Overhead view ... often I'll get into a situation where I'll get duplicate menu listings under the "Overhead" option ... only way to cure this is to exit P3D and restart P3D then it's back to normal.

I'm not having any OOM issues - free VAS is good 600MB, but the error messages indicate errors in:

Faulting module in ntdll.dll

or

Faulting module in d3d11.dll

Other oddities ... if I hit Shift + 1 to bring up a panel I just get a black box in the lower half of my monitor, if I hit Shift + 2 all my displays go dark and soon followed by a CTD.  Obviously I must have done something wrong here or else I would have found folks having similar problems in v2.4 and I haven't found anything like I've go going on here ... so I assume it's my side.

Are there any tricks to getting this aircraft to be more reliable in P3D V2.4?  As folks may know my system is pretty rock solid with a wide range of other aircraft but this iFly 737NG for P3D has me stumped.  Any hints or gotcha's need to be aware of?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob-

Sorry I can't be of much help.  I too have iFly 737 installed on V2.4 and do not have any of those issues listed with the exception of the shift +1(Dummp panel) blank screen in the lower half of the monitor.  In fact the Dummp panel does not show up when selecting it from the drop down menu.  No CTD, but I have not used it on long flights, just short.  Frame rates are not the best however they have improved with V2.4.

i7 4820K @3.7 OC to 4.4

GTX 770 4 G

16 GB RAM

1 TB SSD

I seemed to have solved the issue by avoiding the Shift + # (i.e. Shift + 1, or Shift + 2, etc.) -- but not exactly sure why it's working now to be honest.  I did load up the default paint for the 700ER, then moved to a custom Emirates paint for the 900ER and no CTDs or bizarre double stacked menus.

Yeah I noticed it does seem to stutter (this and the Skymaster 337 seem to induces stutters in v2.4, fortunately the only two aircraft) ... oddly turning down the panel update rates actually makes the problem worse, so I set the panel update rates to max and the stutters were less.

The aircraft seems pretty good on VAS ... did a flight from Hamad OTHH to Thessaloniki LGTS without issue (about 2000 nm well within range of 3200nm for the 900ER) and even pushed some rather extreme settings including the use of GSX at both departure and destination without an OOM.

The aircraft has a lot of depth, but the VC needs an update.  It does "feel" like a straight port from FSX with just a different installer for P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Will post some pics in my 19 series later

Faulting module in d3d11.dll

Hi Rob,

The D3D11.dll faulting module can be fixed by removing Windows Update KB2670838. CTD also occurs with SweetFX installed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, I'll check out that KB ... I don't use sweetFX.

Wow, after reading Microsoft's information on that KB I can't believe they released it with a Windows Update ... "requires all Windows 7 DirectX developers to update their development environments" -- that's insane!

Great find Jim.

Cheers, Rob.