Sign in to follow this  
downscc

IE 11 Problems?

I have had many problems with AVSIM forum since updating to iE11, which Windows Update did to me after rebuilding my system and installing Win7, For example, the QUOTE and SELECTIVE QUOTE functions did not work. The quoted text would not appear in the edit post window and the post itself would dissappear in the next session.

I've lost multiple posts that I made in trying to be of assistance to other members.

Today, I opened a 10-page thread and iE11 kept reloading the page. I was unable to use access the thread.

I have installed FireFox (33.0.2) and it is working as expected.  I had no problems with iE9.

I mention this not as a complaint, but as a active member of the community and perhaps this complaint will help someone else.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan for the info. This has been discussed frequently here. To quote text or use the selective text function in IE11, you have to hit the CC code button in the upper left corner of your post. Then you can quote. During the post you cannot use the Bold and other functions of the editor unless you hit the CC code button again. I thought this problem would be fixed by now by Microsoft or by the developers of the AVSIM IPS board but so far no fixes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I ditched IE a few weeks in favour of FireFox.

Never looked back.

I have even Disabled IE on my system

I just installed 11 and am going back to 10 after I get home from work.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

interesting ..... IE11 is working fine in the above @ the FSL forum, but not here on avsim.

for now, cheers

john martin

I do not have access to the coding of the website so if there's a problem with the AVSIM website coding, then we will have to wait until we can find someone who has access and knowledge of the proper coding.  If there is a fix it will be fixed some day.  I find the problem very irritating too and I use Firefox only.  At least everyone knows there's a problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

IE 11 appears to have been an unfortunate release... I've taken to using Chrome for websites where I know that IE will have issues.

DJ