Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION

I've tried setting my FFTF to 0.01. I do get another 10fps or so, which is nice when it would otherwise have been below 20, but autogen certainly suffers, as does the built-in GPS redraw rate. It takes several seconds to respond to changes in range etc. And I have a half-decent new system, i7 4790k with a GTX 970, SSD and plenty of RAM. I think the answer for me will be to skimp on ORBX payware airports, which are really the only ones giving me hassles with fps.

I experience this as well. I think the extra 10 fps you get is because extremely slow texture load and loss of autogen. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I would play with the sliders and see what is causing the issue. You may find that one adjustment solves the FPS/loading dilemma. If you can tolerate that setting then all is well. Otherwise you are at the system max.

My system is much more modest (with fiber fraction at .01). While all sliders are not at max a few are and I enjoy 20+ fps at Orbx airports. Usually a lot higher but very weather dependent.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The FFTF=0.01 tweak works but if you go to higher LOD, higher autogen and faster aircraft, it breaks down. You get blurries and no autogen. THE FFTF app allows one to adjust the setting better than just a brute force 0.01 fixed setting.

but autogen certainly suffers, as does the built-in GPS redraw rate. It takes several seconds to respond to changes in range etc.

I had the same issue - switched from unlimited setting to 30fps - redraw problem solved.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The P3d version of the Fiber Frame app is presently on sale at a low, low price. Alright, not as cheap as FSX SE, but not bad.

Hi,

Been experimenting with FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION values and I find the lower I go the higher the frame rate, not much, but definitely happens. Sadly, for me, the 0.001 value produces instant blurries, but the reason for this post was in fact to report an unusual and unexpected side effect.

While using the value of 0.001 and in full screen:

1. If the mouse pointer is moved and/or parked in the left side of the screen, frame rates rise.

2. If the mouse pointer is moved and/or parked in the right side of the screen, frame rates drop.

This observation may be unique to my system and I confess the explanation escapes me. My mouse is a wireless Logitech Performance MX and performs flawlessly.

Screen resolution is 1920x1080x32

Anyone else see this happening?

Mike

While using the value of 0.001 and in full screen:

1. If the mouse pointer is moved and/or parked in the left side of the screen, frame rates rise.

2. If the mouse pointer is moved and/or parked in the right side of the screen, frame rates drop.

Maybe your monitor is out of level.    :) :) :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Maybe your monitor is out of level.    :) :) :)

gb.

Yeh, yeh, but joking aside it would be interesting to know whether others can reproduce this effect.

Mike

Hey guys,

Even after following this thread, I'm a bit confused and will ask just these questions to better understand this all...

-- What is the point of decreasing the number on FTF? By lowering it, does it removes the blurriness and decrease FPS?

-- Or, does it increase blurriness?

-- Or, does it increase FPS and removes the blurred textures?

Hey guys,

Even after following this thread, I'm a bit confused and will ask just these questions to better understand this all...

-- What is the point of decreasing the number on FTF? (Better FPS:Michael) By lowering it, does it removes the blurriness and decrease FPS? No

-- Or, does it increase blurriness? Yes

-- Or, does it increase FPS and removes the blurred textures? Yes and No

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes, in summary, you want to set it to the lowest setting that doesn't give you excessive blurries or delayed autogen loading. The actual value will depend on your system.

Yes, in summary, you want to set it to the lowest setting that doesn't give you excessive blurries or delayed autogen loading. The actual value will depend on your system.

Ok, so the smaller the number- the sharper (less blurred) the textures are.

So, I gave it a try and I like the sharp textures with a smaller numbers. As FPS, it decreased a bit in very 'heavy' sceneries. All in all a smaller number works best for me.; locked frames at 30 and boom, best experience yet. (on FSX-DX-10)

I replaced the graphics card gtx 680 on r290x but performance dropped considerably; (

It was 15-60 fps and was 7-40 fps ...

that something can be done to improve performance?

I replaced the graphics card gtx 680 on r290x but performance dropped considerably; (

It was 15-60 fps and was 7-40 fps ...

that something can be done to improve performance?

You should probably tell how you made the switch ? How did you uninstall the old card drivers ? Did you delete the shader cache ? Reinstall P3D ?

Go through everything step-by-step as sounds like you missed something. And don't forget the rest of your system specification.

I;m sure others wll tell you what a strange choice the 

For the people that what to understand how it works.

FTF with no entry in your config file = FTF .3

If you turn FPS to unlimited it becomes FTF .01

FTF is the amount of time per second you give to load textures/auto gen. 

So first lock FPS e.g 30 FPS

The rest is down to your set up and the addons you use. I only use FTX Global/Vector(lots turn off) Everything on super fast SSD. I can run .01 when I used an Orbx region/OLC .01 = blurry's. 

So to conclude you can go from 1/3 of every second to load texture etc or give it as little time as your set up will allow giving you more FPS.

.01 =The most FPS your set up will allow, but still lock FPS because its about the overhead its giving you. e.g best chance to allow your FPS to never drop below 30 FPS.

Default = the best change you have at super Sharpe textures at the cost of FPS. 

Start at .01 if no good try .10, no good try .20, if still not good try .25...no good =delete.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip