Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

It works fine without global in case anyone was on the fence - just some blending issues

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Water park under my nose light blue water:

1Klmp.jpg

Working radar dish:

ZfnLk.jpg

Wind turbines galore:

rvK9w.jpg

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Don't have AYPY but I did install FTX freeware airports I'm default FSX and those work fine too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It works fine without global in case anyone was on the fence - just some blending issues

Blending issues don't bother me, personally, so that's good to hear.

I have to say, the scenery looks amazing. Rob's first picture with the terminal almost looks like a photo. And all that coverage for just $28? That's almost like buying an airport and getting area scenery free.

One question, doesn't Monterey require the Orbx NCA scenery or does that one also work with GEX? I've always ignored these airports, since I'm not an Orbx owner. But if the only problem is some minor blending issues, I may have to take another look at them.

So, Jim, what a better 'push' to NOT just be flying only...in the 'metal sausage'...and take a 'private' up for some class-A eye and neck exercise.... :P

I do my sight seeing in real life in a rental 152 or 172 and tube flying in the sim. I don't like low and slow in the sim like do in real life. The only time I fly g/a in the sim is to practice a cross country I am going to do in real life. I find low and slow in the sim boring compared to doing it in real life. So I use FSX to fly planes that I can't in real life.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One question, doesn't Monterey require the Orbx NCA scenery or does that one also work with GEX? I've always ignored these airports, since I'm not an Orbx owner. But if the only problem is some minor blending issues, I may have to take another look at them.

With the airports inside regions it's a bit dicier, since the regions feature custom mesh and other changes.  Quite often you'll not only have color issues, but some serious elevation and alignment issues as well.  In this case, however, so long as you're working with default mesh you should be fine other than texture blending.

Scott

I use Orbx KJAC , KWYS, and KBZN over MSE V2 no problems. Sounds like Orbx KPSP will work with MSE So Cal too, and thats great news!

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

No ILS approach for this airport?

Real Deraps

No ILS approach for this airport?

No, and not in real life either