Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

I realised that there was no ILS approach procedures when printing  printed SID/STAR and approach plates few hours ago. Thanks.

Real Deraps

My answer was not directed at you,but at the other error posting!

As a heads up - when I posted over at orbx forums with my excitement about the product and a few screens, some guys commented on the lack of trees in my shots.  I think that's what you'll miss without FTX global (not confirmed just guessing), but I'm missing basically all the trees that would line the city.  I truly missed it because I assume there wasn't any trees in the desert lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No ILS approaches listed there either.

I was just helpfully providing the airport info including charts. I know, gps and vor

As a heads up - when I posted over at orbx forums with my excitement about the product and a few screens, some guys commented on the lack of trees in my shots.  I think that's what you'll miss without FTX global (not confirmed just guessing), but I'm missing basically all the trees that would line the city.  I truly missed it because I assume there wasn't any trees in the desert lol

That is fixed by installing the latest ftx libraries file, but if you dont have anything else ftx it might not work for you

I still can't get over the lack of red desert textures in the southwest. So I only fly in Orbx regions. I hope Orbx SoCal is coming soon!

That's really only a problem in the four-corners area (southern Utah, northern Arizona, southern Colorado, Northern New Mexico). I've been to KPSP a few times - it really is that entirely-not-red color that it is depicted here. In fact, although I'm normally an FS9-only flier, this scenery might very well be the thing that finally convinces me to switch!

I use Orbx KJAC , KWYS, and KBZN over MSE V2 no problems. Sounds like Orbx KPSP will work with MSE So Cal too, and thats great news!

Hmm, KPSP airport shows on top of Blue Sky scenery, but for the ORBX autogen to appear I have to disable the BSS tiles that fall into the KPSP extended coverage. (Basically the two tiles AZ_NorthWest6 and AZ_NorthWest7)

I was just helpfully providing the airport info including charts. I know, gps and vor

That is fixed by installing the latest ftx libraries file, but if you dont have anything else ftx it might not work for you

Is the latest the one from early Oct? That didn't change anything.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is the latest the one from early Oct? That didn't change anything.

I think somebody else had this issue.

First thing is to reapply global in FTX central and rerun the library.

I think the second option was to reinstall PSP

Yep was just going to post this.  The key for me was to run FTX central and re enable NA.  

All is good (and scenery works without global sorry for the back and forth!)

treessuccess.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

FYI ... If you are using KPSP with Orbx regions, the region should be set to NA.  If you are using Vector, then in the "configurator"  you need to manually exclude KBNG and KPSP from airport elevation corrections.

Cheers, Rob.

ORBX sounds very complicated and very expensive. Just the base and KPSP is almost $130. I am trying to understand ORBX but to me it just looks like Black Magic. How does ORBX compare to its competitors? Is it worth all the workarounds or am I exaggerating? 

Well, I'm off to a rough start. This is my first Orbx payware product, and the only selection in FTX Central is the default FSX.  That makes sense, but the autogen is not showing up at all.  I've reinstalled the scenery, and I've reinstalled the Orbx libraries, but nothing seems to work.  I'm open to suggestions.

Well, I'm off to a rough start. This is my first Orbx payware product, and the only selection in FTX Central is the default FSX. That makes sense, but the autogen is not showing up at all. I've reinstalled the scenery, and I've reinstalled the Orbx libraries, but nothing seems to work. I'm open to suggestions.

I think this is the big catch.  You've got to have had at least an Orbx North American region somewhere, or Global in order to have FTX Central and be able to either select NA (if you have an NA region) or Global and get things to work.

Those like me who've invested in NA regions (I have them all) but not Global will be OK, but if you've got neither I don't think it's going to work.

Scott

Oh poop - I didn't even think of that!

I bet that's why my autogen works!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |