Sign in to follow this  
Alex L

Upcoming A2A Cessna 182T Skylane Accu-Sim Aircraft

Since my previous thread about A2A's release video for the 182T got moved to the videos forum, here's a new thread for those that wanted to continue the discussion on the main FSX forum.

This thread will be about thoughts on the upcoming release of A2A's 182T Skylane in general. Personally, I agree that the new 182T may be too similar in look and feel to A2A's C172, which I already own. But it may be just right for others.

Share your thoughts!

Thanks..... Ridiculous that your original thread was moved

I would have preferred something different as well. I guess it is a slightly different class of plane, and I'm sure they will do a great job with it. 

- Bill Magann

I said my peace in the other thread. I will say the GTN integration at least has me thinking about it now, rather than a complete pass.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In didn't buy the 172 due to its botched release but will buy this one, I like that its got a constant speed prop and its improper use will have an effect on the engine in the long run plus it gives you something extra to do.

I will only buy it though if the autopilot works with my Vrinsight hardware. I wont buy complex aircraft if I have to resort to flying it with a mouse

ZORAN

I think we are getting more 'variety' than it appears.  There are already some very nice 'full featured' speedy cross country machines already, Legacy, Duke/TDuke, Civ Mustang...etc, but very few choices of the same caliber for small plane bush flying.

Yeah, it looks like a 172, but in terms of 'class' and functionality its like comparing a Toyota Corolla to Toyota Forerunner, one is for short trips and teaching your kids to drive, while the other is for hauling stuff/people to more remote places.  True, it isn't the Dodge Charger we had originally thought with the V35, but if your A to B trip happens to end up at some backwoods strip in Idaho, the 182 is a perfect choice.   It is kind of nice that we are getting a reasonably legit bush plane since those tend to be more few and far between in the FS world.  Since RealAir is about to release T-Duke V2, it is a win win.  What do you bet RealAir will release their Scout V2 when A2A releases their V35...kind of a role reversal lol.  

We will get our V35/Comanche eventually, look at it this way, each A2A release brings new 'stuff'...when the V-35 rolls out it will have more accusim 'stuff' not modeled yet.

I can imagine this being an eventual buy for me.  I need to sort out which sim I'd use it on...probably P3D but I'm waiting for things to settle down on that platform for a while.

Hey wait....he's flying a G1000 model......

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Here's an idea (probably not original, but here it is anyway): A2A teams up with Carenado and Accu-Sims their aircraft. Carenado does the graphics work and A2A designs the physics and systems. People that want a simpler but beautiful aircraft can get the stock Carenado version; those that want to get a study aircraft can buy the A2A Accu-Sim expansion for it. And that would include the X-Plane versions, too. But I've gone too far afield...

I'm expecting to see lots of "boo, another Cessna," but I'm excited for it personally. I think a lot of people might have that perception because in FSX, with past addons, they really were exactly the same except for visuals and maybe minor operational details like retractable gear and different operating speeds. With A2A though, they really get into the nitty gritty of what really separates aircraft from one another. Like pilottj said, the 182 is different in many ways from a 172.

I bet this will be amazing with the Flight1 GTN avionics package.

Like pilottj said, the 182 is different in many ways from a 172.

Agreed.  I'd add that on several occasions, A2A has brought out an aircraft that didn't appeal to me initially (the Stratocruiser was too complex, the B-17 was big and I didn't fly big stuff, the fighters scared me to death and I was looking to flightsimming to relax).  Eventually I broke down and bought them and in each instance, found a whole range of surprising details to explore, and came away with a whole new level of appreciation for aircraft that I hadn't previously devoted much thought to.  Actually, A2A has had a profound impact on my buying habits.  I used to buy new aircraft because I liked or was interested in the real-world type.  But more often than not, I wound up being disappointed by the execution.  Now I buy quality, and don't worry about the type all that much.  If the sim version is good, I'll wind up liking the airplane.

About apparent similarities - I would once have said that the Spitfire, P-40 and Mustang were all WWII fighters, so who needs three of them?  I don't feel that way anymore - there's a world of difference among them and you can spend hundreds of hours figuring out what the differences are.

So in that spirit, I'm happy to welcome the 182.  

Very well said, Alan. I like your perspective on "buying quality," regardless of the type. It seems like a good way to explore new facets of aviation.

I am excited about this release, I am a mechanic by trade and my other expensive hobby besides aviation was that I built cars for drag racing so I have built my fair share of engines and A2A accu-sim planes are the only ones that I feel even comes close to capturing how a air cooled  aviation  gas engine operates  and I am really really excited about playing around with the different props and mixture / RPM settings, ROP Vs. LOP  operation ETC...   Plus I am going to use the HSI and the flight 1 GTN with this plane for IFR  practice.... 

I understand some people wanted something faster,  I too am looking forward to a Comanche or a Bo   but honestly your not going anywhere anyway so just plan a 200 mile flight instead of a 300 mile flight and enjoy the best GA you can get in FS.   

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I wish they would have incorporated a RG variant.

RodeoGeorge