Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

So, just watch the forums.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Edit made in your original post.

Thank you Jim!

---

Just a bit of a status update from the official forum:

Pilots,

the update available on the website is now fixed, so no manual fix is needed anymore.

If you have problems with the update, just go to the downloads page (http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcx_e/download.html), redownload the update, extract it to your ProATC root folder and you should be good to go!

Just remember to import your navdata (Data > AIRAC and Scenery > Import AIRAC data) _and_ align your scenery (Data > AIRAC and Scenery > Align Scenery with AIRAC) after the update.

For further assistance with any technical issues, please post on the official forum to get answers quicker.

here we go, just installed the new version.  A nice easy route to copy and paste in

KLAS BFF RWF SSM VBS YYY ALLRY 5150N 5240N 5330N 5320N MALOT GISTI NORLA UM140 MERLY UL149 DIDEL UN514 GIBSO EGKK

and it cant do it.

14ppkc-6.png

here we go, just installed the new version.  A nice easy route to copy and paste in

KLAS BFF RWF SSM VBS YYY ALLRY 5150N 5240N 5330N 5320N MALOT GISTI NORLA UM140 MERLY UL149 DIDEL UN514 GIBSO EGKK

and it cant do it.

Ok need to add "dcts" 

KLAS DCT BFF DCT RWF DCT SSM DCT VBS DCT YYY DCT ALLRY DCT 5150N DCT 5240N DCT 5330N DCT 5320N DCT MALOT DCT GISTI DCT NORLA UM140 MERLY UL149 DIDEL UN514 GIBSO EGKK

that works.

14ppkc-6.png

Is it junk guys....

I bought it today cus  vox atc is giving me grief.....jury is still out atm...

Voxatc is giving you grief? ha same here mate. It made my 737 ngx textures dissappear.

RADAR CONTACT never fails

Vernon Howells

Tried Vox and wasnt for me. Will wait to see feedback on this one. 

From EGFF to YSSY

I'm still evaluating the new version but I was hoping for the ability to select/change arrival runways while in flight.  It will still choose the wrong runways based on wind direction...I'm hoping I missed something but my biggest grief with the program is the handling of runway assignments when departing/arriving.  

Chad Griffin

I bought it today cus  vox atc is giving me grief.....jury is still out atm...

Would be very interested in your impressions, since I currently have voxatc but am hoping something better comes along. 

Still havnt got my install file yet, but I sure hope previous issues have been thoroughly addressed after all this time. I havnt spotted a changelog either.  Before it had a really hard time differentiating between North American STARs and European and other STARs. There is a different way its approached and the program could not distinguish this. Some things are just needing human interaction.  

If it did get it right on the rare occasion, then the vectoring to final was often messed up and unrealistic. Had plenty potential but lots of issues before. Would be great to see this actually be useable. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm still evaluating the new version but I was hoping for the ability to select/change arrival runways while in flight.  It will still choose the wrong runways based on wind direction...I'm hoping I missed something but my biggest grief with the program is the handling of runway assignments when departing/arriving.  

In v1.4 you can request a runway change both on takeoff and landing.

During arrival, you can request different approach/runway after initial contact with the approach controller.

You can also request another departure runway, just make sure that you are on the clearance frequency when you do this.

---

More info is needed on the "wrong runway based on winds" as this was heavily tested during beta. At least the following info needed:

1) Which weather engine is injecting weather into FSX?

2) From which weather source does ProATC read weather from?

3) Have you requested ProATC to use the same runway as the AI traffic?

4) Have you requested ProATC to change assigned runway based on weather/AI?

5) What is your tail wind limit for landing set to?

6) Example of wrong runway selection. Which airport? METAR? Assigned approach/runway?

Thanks!