Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

X-plane 10.31rc3 is now out

Wow! just upgraded too to 344.6 drivers and can't believe the boost. Is it a placebo or what? Latest drivers, latest 10.31rc and latest SMP. Now I can use HDR on with 4x aa with 2x ss with great fps! Welcome to the fps utopia!

What version did you upgrade from? I am using 344.48. Not sure what the release notes are for the .6 version. I will check

Bob

What version did you upgrade from? I am using 344.48. Not sure what the release notes are for the .6 version. I will check

Bob

Coming from a much older version than yours, the 320.18

Alexander Colka

No placebo effect!!!

Total smoothness with 10.31r3 update and new (344.65). Not that it wasn't smooth before, but it is definitely much more fluid for sure. FPS counter didn't even blink locked at 30 the whole fight, real weather and all, HDR 4x and with enough eye-candy to satisfy most.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Same here!

.65 ???  I only have .60  :wacko:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Same here!

.65 ???  I only have .60  :wacko:

Just come out!

I think it may be a special update for AC: Unity.

AC ? 

I'm getting old... and my rig too :-/   What's AC???

Anywayzzzzzzz  X-plane 10 never felt so nice and so smooth before.

Hey FSX'ers come on, take the plunge now, altogether... ( do we have enough water in the tank ???? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

AC ? 

I'm getting old... and my rig too :-/   What's AC???

Anywayzzzzzzz  X-plane 10 never felt so nice and so smooth before.

Hey FSX'ers come on, take the plunge now, altogether... ( do we have enough water in the tank ???? )

believe it stands for assassins creed. a new game that just came out

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.65 WHQL, includes improvements which allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming platform. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Assassin’s Creed: Unity

Game Ready

Best gaming experience for Assassin’s Creed: Unity 

John Wingold

The new 344.65 drivers seem to be working great for me.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I upgraded too , looks like good performance on the laptop , i just hope its not a placebo lol

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

lol, not many games where my fps is locked by my monitor refresh rate/vsync. Crazy stuff, I guess it's back to XPX now and wait for the stutterfest to mature... or die ;)

-Roland

After this update and latest NVIDIA driver, 344.60, framerates are up. XPX in not just smooth anymore its fluid...

I can confirm after installing the update and the 344.60's. XP10 has never run smoother, very fluid.

Thanks for the heads up!

Has anyone checked the performance by increasing the clouds in Rendering ?  I have made it 100% not much of a hit. Of course at that moment I was in Madagascar but sill.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I wonder if all the people reporting performance improvements (or performance problems, which also exist) after driver updates or X-Plane updates perform real controlled tests, i.e. compare the exactly same situation, aircraft, setttings, plugins, external running programs etc. both with the new and old driver, resp. old and new X-Plane version, or base their reports just on anecdotical evidence from an uncontrolled setting.

Also, the moon changes JComm reports are mentioned nowhere in the changelogs of X-Plane 10.3x. It might well be that it currently seems to work right, but indeed still does not (given that it was broken at all -- never cared about the moon so far).

I'd be really interested in results of a controlled test.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I'd be really interested in results of a controlled test.

Likewise. I suspect drivers can improve performance in some cases, but I'd be more inclined to say it's a case of the old update placebo. You see this everywhere, e.g. Whenever a new minor iOS or Android update appears, you get floods of people saying performance has improved.

I did see an improvement in performance between 10.20 and 10.30, and also with the latest SMP update, and I tested this quite a bit as I had both builds installed for a while whilsts working on W2XP.