am I suddenly getting the following warning from my ASN when it had been working ok for 6 mths, I have the latest update, and it will not start no more. I am connected to the Internet

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\not
The folder stored in the registry cannot be verified. This means possibly that a network share is not currently accessible. Proper ASN operation is not possible.
please restore network connection and retry"

Hi Patrick,

3 options:

1) Completely un-install and reinstall ASN

2) open up regedit and navigate to HKCU\Software\HiFi\ASNFSX (where HKCU is "current user").Then correct the "FSXPath" entry there (or delete it and ASN will ask for the correct folder on next startup)

3) Open up a support ticket and we can help you through this.

Thanks

Disclaimer: As always, making changes to the registry is something that could cause major issues and should only be done by experienced users. If you don't feel confident doing it, please skip editing the registry

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi and thanks for replying.

As I am totally computer illiterate I think that I will go with Option 1. The IT person who installed it for me is no longer available, so I cannot find my registration key. I live in the UK, would I have downloaded it direct from your website or would I have downloaded it from your agent in the UK?  and who might that be

I have just tried option 1 and that does not work.  I will next  try option 2 but I am doubtful of m expertise to carry this out. So it will probably be  option 3. I have since located my registration key

Edited by patrico