Sign in to follow this  
Mickel

Flat or missing airport buildings

Folks

I've added some scenery (probably Orbx Vector - but don't get me wrong, the issue is mine, not theirs) that appears to have messed up a couple of airports (so far - there might be others). The buildings that were there are now either flat roof images on the ground where the building should be (freeware NZNP), or no terminal at all (payware YPAD). I've done searches through folders and 'bak'd any bgls that might be causing the problem, but that doesn't appear to have helped. I've re-run installers too, but no luck. What else should I be trying to do?

Cheers

Mike

Sounds like your autogen folder (it's in the FSX installation folder) got mixed up concerning the roof definitions. I think Orbx offers a fix for the related RoofDescriptions.spb file. Perhaps search their forums and see what the devs have to offer re: tips and fixes.

Sometimes a simple FTX mode switch might help since the tool (called FTX Central) takes care of proper definitions. So you could just toggle the FTX mode off and on again.

Thanks. I've cycled the regions, with no joy. I'll try the roof fix. But with entire buildings AWOL I'm not so sure...

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

Have you run the latest ORBX libraries after installing Vector? Not sure if that is the problem but they do recommend you do that after all ORBX installs. You can get the latest Libs file here https://www.fullterrain.com/support just scroll down to the bottom and get the one that is suitable for your sim.

Hope that helps.

Stu.

Stuart Furley

I realised what I did... I ran the FSX and Acceleration repairs. So I suspect that's overwritten something. It's messed up my FT Dubai. Runways are all as per the FT scenery, but there are no buildings. No doubt there are others with problems. Re-running the installers hasn't help. Might have to uninstall the airports and re-install. Need to fix up the AI traffic as well. I've now got a lot of default AI back.

It's probably something I shouldn't have done. I had done in the past, but that was before lots of add ons to screw up. Hopefully I won't have to do a full reinstall. Shouldn't think so, but we shall see...

Mike

i have this issue with my TAXI2GATE TKPK, and some other airports from Tropicalsim too.like TFFF....and a whoe bunch of Art poole airports for The Bahamas....REALLY ANNOYING..and i feel so powerless as i have not found any solutions to it...I regret ever installing Orbx Vector..

i have this issue with my TAXI2GATE TKPK, and some other airports from Tropicalsim too.like TFFF....and a whoe bunch of Art poole airports for The Bahamas....REALLY ANNOYING..and i feel so powerless as i have not found any solutions to it...I regret ever installing Orbx Vector..

The FTX tool library includes one that highlights scenery entries that are in the wrong place. Sounds like yours are in the wrong place. Have you used this tool ?  

There is a real good User Guide with Vector that even shows you the relative positioning. Page 13.

It should be automatic, but if you mess around with scenery library entries its possible to make mistakes. 

Suggest you start your own topic and provide full details of what you have done, rather than hijack someone elses topic.