Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

RW C441 pilot talks you through

ZORAN

Sweet.  I watched the earlier videos.  Looks very realistic.  Graphics not the best but I think they were going for high fidelity/realism for this aircraft.  Sounds are crazy good too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

yeah couldnt help grinning during startup :-)) I was just about to pull the trigger on the c182 but now this, yes of course they are worlds apart but its a $$$ thing

ZORAN

When I see the take off video they promised 3 moths ago I will but it. Engine start up is nice but no good if it dont fly/

A nice combo re: engine choice and system detail aiming point. Must admit that I didn't have that dev on the radar but this looks good.

Ok, stupid question of mine. Do they offer a feature for the sound to come in "via" nc headsets? Asking because I had to lower those on the J41 and I would fear that this manual edit is needed on the C441 too. Garretts drive you nuts. :o ^_^

Although I really like that startup phase in the vid.

Nope that's something that would Flysimware even better. They come with their own crummy (compared to RXP) GNS units

RobdeVries.jpg

I don't own the plane but that VC unit looks very much like the 3D model would fit fine with a manual RXP edit.

I bought it.  I had a problem getting the download link to work.  I emailed support and received a prompt answer (within minutes) and the link was fixed.   Just learning at this point.  But, it seems to fly just fine.  I flew it from KRDD to KPDX at FL220 and it performed flawlessly.  The autopilot performed smoothly enroute and it coupled to an ILS just fine.   IMO it's worth the money. 

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guys on their face book page it says all products reduced by 50% from 24th nov.

I wouldn't have thought it includes the 441 but it does say all products, thats the only thing keeping me from buying today, may as well wait a couple of days and see what happens

The  turbo 402 will also be a great buy at half price.

ZORAN

Is it as loud as in the video, Bill?

Well the real Garretts are that loud.  We used to do what we called the "Garrett Salute"....placing both index fingers in our ears when I was a young ramp rat.  I adjusted the engine volume in FSX to calm it down a bit.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

We used to do what we called the "Garrett Salute"

:lol: Lets practice that one then.

Well, I like good and impressive sound sets as much as the next guy but I guess that, if I get that plane, it will receive the same treatment as the J41. No biggie.

A nice combo re: engine choice and system detail aiming point. Must admit that I didn't have that dev on the radar but this looks good.

Ok, stupid question of mine. Do they offer a feature for the sound to come in "via" nc headsets? Asking because I had to lower those on the J41 and I would fear that this manual edit is needed on the C441 too. Garretts drive you nuts. :o ^_^

Although I really like that startup phase in the vid.

What mod did you do? I have the J41 to

ZORAN

I lowered the volume of the engine sounds with a free editor, Audacity. So the rest of the plane (and any FSX volume slider affecting all planes) stays the same, just the Garretts come in less prominent.

Just look for all sounds including 'jet' and 'rev' in the name, drop them into Audacity and then pick lets say a -3db (or more) "amplify" setting to lower their volume. Then save them as wave files and overwrite the original ones (make a backup first, just in case).

If you want to lower the startup sounds too, those reside in another folder. Well, I can give you the more detailed description via PM if you like.