Sign in to follow this  
HeX_MaN

FSX FPS drop every 5-10 seconds...

Hey, how are you?

I am using FSX and DX10 with Steve's Fixer. It doesn't matter which scenery which addon, but my sim will lag every few seconds... I mean the FPS is constant for few seconds than it lags... After about 2 seconds FPS starts to increase.

This drives me crazy and I don't know what to do...

If anyone can help, I will appreciate the assistance :)

Thanks.

There are a few things that could cause this, but for me adding the Affinity Mask tweak that got rid of that issue.

You should check out the new AVSIM CTD Guide (see under Hot Spots to the right of this forum). In there we have details on how to use the Process Monitor to just monitor FSX (or P3D or FS9). What I have done in the past when I have issues like this is to run Process Monitor along with my flight. I have pencil and paper nearby. As the flight progresses, I'll write down the time (as shown in the lower right corner of most desktops) the glitch or pause occurred. I'll do this for most of the flight then I'll stop the logging in Process Monitor by going to the app and hitting Ctrl+E. I can then shutdown FSX and begin investigating. I scroll through the log to look at exactly what was being loaded when I saw the pause or glitch. Sometimes it could be an AI flight loading on the other side of the world and not even near my flight path or Autogen loading from scenery I don't even plan on flying over. It will give you some idea as to what might have caused the pause. Of course it could be your video card trying to render some scenery too and just can't fast enough, so fsx pauses. Slow rendering of scenery means you have your settings set too high and/or you have a bad tweak that is not working right. Maybe you put down the wrong parameters for the tweak for YOUR system (not someone else's).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My suspicion is something running in the background.  Likely culprit a virus scanner or malware scanner.

Try turning them off to see if that rectifies the problem, that would then isolate the issue and you can set about fixing it.

Don't forget to turn them back on after.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hello,

Do you have FTX Global Vector installed (latest version is 1.20) and active ?

Stephane

vpa055.png

Yes sir. I have it active. Sorry for bringing a dead topic alive but I still have this issue.

Hello,

Do you have FTX Global Vector installed (latest version is 1.20) and active ?

Stephane

If you're running w7. It's the patches that were downloaded for the potential to update to W10 by MS. It's driving a number of us crazy. Two sec pauses sounds like the symptoms. There's a thread on it somewhere. Also NickN has a guide to remove the patches.

Here's the link:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/a-warning-about-ms-updates-for-windows-10_topic52577_page1.html

supporter.jpg

I haven't had any problems with the Windows 10 upgrade thingy.