Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

UTX USA P3D

These aren't very artsy fartsy... and this is with a barren P3D (no texture addons - well no ground texture addons), and the scenery time and season is correct so it looks pretty ugly.  All are with HDR off with the exception of the obvious LAS comparison.

If you added Orbx Global I'm sure it would look a lot better.

BOS

utxbos4.jpg

utxbos5.jpg

FLL

utxfxe1.jpg

utxfxe3.jpg

DLH

utxdlh-1.jpg

utxdlh2-1.jpg

LAS

utxlas3.jpg

utxlas4_hdroff.jpg

utxlas4_hdron.jpg

utxlas2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

These aren't very artsy fartsy... and this is with a barren P3D (no texture addons - well no ground texture addons), and the scenery time and season is correct so it looks pretty ugly.  All are with HDR off with the exception of the obvious LAS comparison.

If you added Orbx Global I'm sure it would look a lot better.

BOS

Thanks Ryan appreciate it -  Boston shots look interesting but the night stuff is not that great 

Rich Sennett

with FTX Global and UTXUSA2 I seem to be getting nicer contrast in the night lighting category but similar in the day (comparing to pictures above)

second and fourth shots looks a bit like ultra res cities MSE . Impressive detail

ZORAN

Thanks Ryan appreciate it -  Boston shots look interesting but the night stuff is not that great 

The night lighting is highly customizable as I said above... in my pics they look less like advertising that's for sure.  What don't you like about them?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The night lighting is highly customizable as I said above... in my pics they look less like advertising that's for sure.  What don't you like about them?

They look bland I guess - I am not sure how this is going to work with global and vector any hints on getting them to play together I did like the the lights they had but they were a fps killer if this can be more of a landclass it would be worth 15 dollars

Rich Sennett

Hmmm I don't have either Orbx product so I can't help there.  (I do have orbx regions and they are really nice).  Do you know is the night lighting in the FTX global the same as the Orbx regions?  In the regions I don't notice any perf hits but with this new UTX I do get a perf hit (also in the daytime - the manual says to disable the nights at daytime to conserve perf)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hmmm I don't have either Orbx product so I can't help there.  (I do have orbx regions and they are really nice).  Do you know is the night lighting in the FTX global the same as the Orbx regions?  In the regions I don't notice any perf hits but with this new UTX I do get a perf hit (also in the daytime - the manual says to disable the nights at daytime to conserve perf)

No hit with orbx lights and you have confirmed my fps hit thoughts with UTX - I think I will wait for orbx landclass and it will be complete to late to switch back now - just wish orbx lighting had more variables and it would be perfect - the color of lights are not very configurable - thanks for the help

Rich Sennett

Sure... here's a better glance of my hometown, Duluth, MN...  this is in FSX.  In FSX the performance hit seems way less.  In P3D I was having issues with not being able to hit locked at 30 in default cities...  in FSX it's fine.  P3D may be because of my older GTX 570 though.

This view is very realistic.

fsxlights.jpg

Here's an XP10 shot (slightly closer to the water but looking at downtown and I-35)- ... the FSX pic reflects better.  But overall XP10 has better night lighting than P3D and FSX.

xpdlh2.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yah XP smokes FSX and P3D when it comes to night lighting from what I have seen

If this does not look real I don't know what does - looks pretty nice

Rich Sennett