Sign in to follow this  

MD530 ... unable to start?

Love the attention to detail in this heli ... but I've gone thru the manual 5 times and following the "startup procedures" to the letter and I can get it to fire up.

Here is what I'm doing:

1.  Key On, Bat On, Fuel In

2.  White ring out, rotate throttle until white ring clips back in place

3.  Hit black starter button for about 15 seconds or until 58-60% N1 and release starter button

4.  Rotate throttle keeping TOT between the two red markers

Engine just never starts ... sounds like it wants to but doesn't.

P3D v2.4 ... any hints, as I've tried about 64 times without any success.

Also to be noted (Techmont variant) and it is set to "Read to Fly" state, NOT cold and dark.

Cheers, Rob.

Uh... we do not provide support here so please get on our forums...

Next, it's 19 seconds and not 15 and, for some reason (we are trying to find out why) you must have unlimited fuel on to get it to start properly...  (a deffo bug!)

Finally, why are you trying to start it when you're in ready to fly?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Uh... we do not provide support here so please get on our forums...

Ok, sorry ... your forums don't have any "register" option, it appears sending email is the only way to get a support forum account (which I have just done).

Finally, why are you trying to start it when you're in ready to fly?

Exactly my point ... I shouldn't be trying to start it ... but it's not started.

Also, none of the attachments, pod, FLIR, etc can be selected for any variant?  I click the option in MM control panel and nothing selects?

I was eventually able to get it started without doing unlimited fuel ... I used MAP to set speed to 100 and elevation to 8000 ft and it magically started.

Also to get any lift I found what appears to be a throttle governor up/down switch that MUST be pushed up a few time to increase governor.  No mention of this in the manual?  Unless this is the "Force Trim Setup" which has not much information about what Force Trim is about nor what it's actually adjusting?

Once I got this sorted I saved the flight so that I now have a "ready to fly" state since the MM control panel state doesn't seem to work.

One final comment, is there any way to dial down the rear rotor effectiveness, it seems VERY sensitive to input with rapid changes for small inputs.

I'll post over on the "official" forums as soon as I get access.

Sight and sound is fantastic BTW, very nice modeling.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Perhaps this forum needs to be closed?

Send an email to the address in Milviz's (Colin's) signature for forum access.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Unfortunately, Milviz designed their latest helicopters (including their Bell 407) so that they can only be started properly if your default FSX aircraft is the C172 with running engines. This is, at least for me, very inconvenient, because most other addons with such requirements usually need a default aicraft in C&D state. And more user-friendly addons provide a choice of startup options (like A2A's).

Felix

Unfortunately, Milviz designed their latest helicopters (including their Bell 407) so that they can only be started properly if your default FSX aircraft is the C172 with running engines. This is, at least for me, very inconvenient, because most other addons with such requirements usually need a default aicraft in C&D state. And more user-friendly addons provide a choice of startup options (like A2A's).

Let me put it this way....The turbo shaft engine in FSX doesn't use the same startup requirements that other aircraft use. For someone who knows the code, it seems totally bass-ackwards. Its far easier to shut down an already running aircraft than it is to jump through all the hoops in code to start the helo up automatically. Also, to my knowledge, a C&D state for the default aircraft is only necessary if you want every addon to start up cold and dark. Milviz isn't the only group that requires the default flight to be in a ready to go state while providing custom shutdown options within their code as far as I know.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

so that they can only be started properly if your default FSX aircraft is the C172 with running engines

FYI, I have the P3D v2.x version, P3D has no C172 (unless one buys A2A's of course).  In v2.4 the default AC is the F35 (for obvious reasons).

It appears there might be a mix up in the installer version provided for P3D V2.x ... hoping to get clarification soon.

None of the avionics or other add-ons I purchased appear to be working with the version I was provided.  I'm sure it will get resolved as this issue has been reported more than once on the MilViz forums.

Otherwise, it's a pleasure to fly this Heli ... definitely a keeper once these add-on issues are sorted.

Cheers, Rob.

Your Not doing it Right, But don't worry it can be hard to get a hang of.

As it turns out the installer version was not correct, I have since obtained the correct installer version and ACM is working correctly now.  I'm able to start the 530F now.

NOW, onto a bigger question ... how do make the FLIR active?  It's configered in ACM and I see it attached.  I did a search in the documentation and didn't find anything that mentioned "FLIR" ... same with "Night Sun" ... forums have no mention of any docs on how to use these Add-Ons.

I'm getting old so maybe I missed something?

Hints?

Cheers, Rob.

Did you put the files in the right place?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Yes ... in V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Milviz\MD530 

Add-On Pack and Avionics

md530addonpack.kmlvz

md530f16.kmlvz

md530f17.kmlvz

md530msg.kmlvz

Like I said, I can visually see them attached to the 530 exterior ... the issue is how do I actually make use of them?  Some hotkey sequence to bring them up ... VC switch/button?  I'm not finding any documentation on it.

Cheers, Rob.

Ah. I see. I'll have to get chuck to answer that.

As it turns out the installer version was not correct, I have since obtained the correct installer version and ACM is working correctly now.  I'm able to start the 530F now.

Ok that makes sense, Sorry I assumed you Weren't Introducing fuel at the right time.

Dam installers