Sign in to follow this  
RickSinGA

FSX always has heavy haze when ASN is active?

I have tried everything I can think of.  Whenever ASN is active, regardless of real, simulated or what ever weather, I get the heavy haze that reduces visibility to 10 or so miles.  I can see farther but it is hard to make things out.  If I wanted that effect, it would be perfect!  ASN as a whole is great, just this one glitch that annoys the H... out of me.

If I don't load ASN and select clear skies on FSX I still get a little haze, but not over powering; as soon as I load ASN, regardless of the real weather, the haze just pops in?  I have played with the haze settings, on and off, but it does nothing but make it a little worse or a little better, not at all like plain old FSX without ASN.  Surely this is not the way it is supposed to be; is it? ASN is currently at it's default settings.

I do have REX4 Texture Direct, v4.3.2014.0814, running so I did try different profiles with it but the same problem continues.

I have contemplated uninstalling ASN and reloading it and will if there isn't another solution.

ASN Build 5410.

Thanks

Rick S

Have you posted over at the HiFi forums?  I don't see the kind of haze you describe.

DJ

In real life, visibility is not unlimited. Especially around cities. If the local weather has 10-20 mi visibility, which is common, then ASN is going to reflect that. Some days, in RL, you can see for miles. Somedays you can't. Your probably just used to not having that effect, and having unlimited visibility in the default FSX weather.

I figured I would get a quicker response here being it's Saturday.

Funny, I don't remember having this issue right after loading ASN.  I don't remember it actually showing up until after loading REX4 TD, FS Global 2010/Ultimate series and FTX Global/Vector/EU openLC .  I don't see how they would effect weather but that was the sequence.  I usually flew in weather so the problem didn't show up until I flew in clear weather at some point.

Rick S.

I do understand your point Therius. 

I figured it had to be something like that so I started going to different airports I knew had clear weather.  Even did a search in ASN for absolutely clear weather airports and tried them.  Just flew out of Kingman, AZ and had exactly the same problem.  Close ASN and I get the normal haziness you expect, but with ASN I can't make out the detail features on the adjacent hangers.

Rick S.

Make sure that, if you're using ASN and REX together,r that you have the weather engine disabled in REX. There is also a setting for 'enhance haze" in REX under the configuration page. Make sure that is unchecked and that REX is not running the weather engine.  Just a thought.

SJED

Ah..., didn't realize there was a setting in REX4 for haze, will look and kill it.  I do have REX4 Texture Direct set to use ASN for weather.

I did get help over at the HiFi forums.  was told to increase the Maximum Surface Visibility setting from 75m, default, to 150 or so.  150 was the ticket, happy camper again.

Thanks

Rick S.