Sign in to follow this  
Carob

FS2AUDIO.dll File

Hello.

I have installed the TinMouse project, including the panel and updates, but I am running in an error with the fs2audio.dll file.  The system is Windows 7 64-bit and I have placed the above file in both the C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders as the documentation says.  But, when I go to load the aircraft I get an error that says "The FS2AUDIO.DLL Failed to load with Error Code 0x7e.  Be sure the FS2AUDIO.DLL is in the \Windows\System32 folder then restart the application."

Can anyone tell me what the issue is here?

Thanks!

I ran in to the same problem.  In the FAQ there is a link for DirectX 9.  Since my computer was new, I didn't have the older files (I'm running 11).  Once installing the older DirectX, along with FSUIPC, every works but the smoke.

Forgive the dumb query, but where to install the Direct X?  My last down load file asked me where.  I presume that was the wrong file and it should be a double click to install.  Got a new file today (id'd the file as an application -"dxwebsetup").  Hope this is the correct one.

I also get a second flag pop up after the first FS2AUDIO failed to load error which state "No Audio Device".  I presume that will also go away with the updated Direct X properly loaded. 

Followup: Just had the error myself (because for whatever reason the .dll vanished from my systems folder).

If you're on 64bit Windows, put the .dll into Windows\SysWOW64, then update DirectX. That should make the TinMouse/-fork work.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 4/2/2015 at 4:03 PM, Bjoern said:

Followup: Just had the error myself (because for whatever reason the .dll vanished from my systems folder).

If you're on 64bit Windows, put the .dll into Windows\SysWOW64, then update DirectX. That should make the TinMouse/-fork work.

It has been a very long time to reply but the sound with the timmouse v1.30 onwards simply doesn’t work in FS9/FSX with Windows 10 regardless of those ‘tricks’ mentioned. 
I’ve been recently trying to reinstall many old retro - classic add-ons such as this one without success. 

Such a shame! 

Well, time marches on. Usually, older software runs fine on Linux, but FS9 and FSX are one of the few exceptions as they do not run at all. So all there is left is a second disk partition with Windows 7 or Windows 7 in a virtual machine on top of Windows 10/11.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days