Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

01DEC14 - Welcome to the PMDG Team...

Captains,

A few months ago, I mentioned that we were starting a long term process to expand the support and forum moderating team here at PMDG.  Since that day, we have been deleting dozens of threads each day asking "when will the new forum mods be unveiled?"

It has been touching to see the forum as excited about the addition of new support techs and forum moderators as you all are about the pending PMDG 777 for P3D and the upcoming preview of the PMDG 747-400v2.0...

:lol:

Okay...  I should know better than to use sarcasm... someone will take me seriously.  LOL

At PMDG we tend to be quite picky about our hiring practices, so It should not be a surprise to you that we have chosen to bring into the PMDG team someone who we got to know via our interaction with him here in this forum...  After a few years of active participation in the forum, we invited Kyle Rodgers to join our beta team, and from there he had a few more years to get to know a handful of folks on the PMDG team personally- so he was naturally high on our list of folks we were interested to recruit as we look to expand our capabilities.

Kyle has been at work on the tech support team since mid November (and a few of you have interacted with him there already!) and effective this week will be joining the moderator team here in the forum. 

Our goal in hiring Kyle was pretty broad reaching:  Kyle has background from within the aviation industry and he is also an ardent simmer/tech geek who enjoys a far greater technical knowledge of simming than most forum users.  Combine this with his personal relationships within the PMDG development and beta teams, and his familiarity with PMDG's products specifically, sim products generally, and the development process and methods employed by PMDG- and Kyle becomes a very obvious candidate to expand our support/forum capabilities.

When Paul and I sat down (in candor:  we actually stood in the door of the hangar sipping coke and watching the sun set while we were talking... but it wasn't nearly as romantic as it all sounds...) with Kyle to discuss our plans for bringing him aboard- Kyle immediately up-sold our consideration of him by outlining his desire to augment our development team by adding some new skills, features and functionality to PMDG's array of capabilities.  Subsequent conversations with Kyle have us chasing down some very interesting new ideas- but we'll give you more information on those later....

Needless to say, I have become quite fond of Kyle during the past few years- and I am confident that his addition to our technical support and forum moderating team is going to provide significant benefit to our response times and our ability to more actively participate here in the forum in spite of a heavy development schedule.

PMDG has been actively engaged with you all face-to-face since the company's inception in 1997- and no matter how much we might grow and adapt- the direct communication we share with you hear is one of the most valuable aspects of our product development process.

I hope you will all join me in welcoming Kyle to the PMDG team!  While he is still waiting for his keys to the office restroom, he isn't exactly a fresh new face because so many of us have known him via this forum for so long.

Kyle- welcome to the team!  Now let us get started on that journey we talked about!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Second.  Great hire!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I was about to say "SECOND!" but Jeff beat me to it. Thanks Jeff.

"If you're not first, you're last!"

Third, or according to Ricky Bobby, last...haha.

(in candor:  we actually stood in the door of the hangar sipping coke and watching the sun set while we were talking... but it wasn't nearly as romantic as it all sounds...)

True...can't argue with that sight though:

IMG_4016.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 02 Dec 2014 - 5:59 PM, said:

I was about to say "SECOND!" but Jeff beat me to it. Thanks Jeff.

"If you're not first, you're last!"

Third, or according to Ricky Bobby, last...haha.

True...can't argue with that sight though:

Well done Kyle! Your enthusiasm and skills will be an asset to the PMDG team I am sure. Although - Haters gonna' hate... (Sorry had to say it)

:lol:

First!

HA.

YOU had an unfair advantage! Ha ha ha! :lol:  

Great move by PMDG, and congratulations to Kyle!

Congratulations, Kyle!

I'm sure, you'll be a great addition to the team! (in some ways you already are ;) )

Your skill, enthusiasm and knowledge, is amazing, and I have enjoyed your videos for a long time!

Again, congratulations Kyle! Well deserved.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Congrats Kyle. Just out of curiosity I was wondering what your plans were with a possible career in aviation?

Haters gonna hate... but I am afraid forum will be lacking from your sarcastic wit, since I suppose Rob might start putting pressure on you to be a bit more.. presentable... as a representative.

Shame. I still rock one of your famous signature banners with pride :D

Haters gonna hate... but I am afraid forum will be lacking from your sarcastic wit, since I suppose Rob might start putting pressure on you to be a bit more.. presentable... as a representative.
Nonsense! Kyle is always the most respectable ambassador of courtesy and aplomb! :P  :lol: