Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Controllers via FSUIPC in P3D - Anyone have smooth panning via hat?

I would love to be able to switch off the P3D controllers and just use FSUIPC to control my FF joystick, CH Rudder Pedals and Saitek Pro Yoke but I have to keep them switched on for one reason..

I can't get smooth panning using the hat switch when programmed through FSUIPC.

Has anyone managed to get smooth panning via FSUIPC? It's fine if I use the default P3D controls.

I've previously posted in the FSUIPC forums but the problem continues.

Would appreciate your thoughts/tips/settings etc!

Thanks

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Have you tried setting up the POV as an axis?

The way I do it is set my POVs on my Fighterstick and ProThrottle as Pan View in the Axis Assignments tab.

1. Rescan in Axis Assignments.

2. Push "down" on the POV, it should register with FSUIPC.

3. Select "Send to FS as normal axis" (paraphrasing here, I'm at work. Don't worry about your P3D controllers being disabled in P3D, it does not matter).

4. Select Pan View in the axis assignments drop down box.

5. Save and go back to P3D and it should smooth pan with or without the controllers being enabled in the P3D options.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The way I do it is set my POVs on my Fighterstick and ProThrottle as Pan View in the Axis Assignments tab.

3. Select "Send to FS as normal axis" (paraphrasing here, I'm at work. Don't worry about your P3D controllers being disabled in P3D, it does not matter).

5. Save and go back to P3D and it should smooth pan with or without the controllers being enabled in the P3D options.

I'll try this tonight. Thanks very much for the quick reply and detailed info!

Cheers

Adam

FSUK.jpg

I had lots of trouble getting smooth operation with FSUIPC for the hat switch, so I just use the P3D setting for the hat switch and the two red buttons on the CH yoke, and all works like a charm.....B42L8

I had lots of trouble getting smooth operation with FSUIPC for the hat switch, so I just use the P3D setting for the hat switch and the two red buttons on the CH yoke, and all works like a charm.....B42L8

I was doing the same but I really want to avoid having to use ANY P3D controllers as they have a habit of reassigning themselves even though I've deleted them. This causes controller conflicts with FSUIPC.

FSUK.jpg

Thanks Adam. Been using FSUIPC for years and never considered the HAT as an axis.Beats the heck out of programming individual switches and much smoother.  Wonder what else I'm missing. Ihave the P3D controller completly disabled so using its Hat is not an option.

That's how I have my FSUIPC set up and it pans smoothly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Philip! Thank you your help - that solution works perfectly  :clapping:

Cheers,

Adam

FSUK.jpg

Glad to hear it worked for you Adam.

Somebody over at Flightsim.com taught me that method a few years ago and I never hesitate to pass it on. :)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato