Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Which Garmin 430?

I think only the Mindstar is P3D ready? Am considering the very same purchase for the C182 myself. Its a bit expensive though....

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

You may want to consider the more modern GNS 650 from Flight One. There are + and -'s to both.

Why in the world would you consider getting a 430? The 530 is so much better.... And I think the Mindstar gives you both!

The 530 can give you more information… And of course the sweetheart of the group is the GNS 750 and 650… You won't be displeased.

chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

A 430 Because Im thinking of buying a real Garmin 430 for my Cessna 182 , so wanted to practice it in Prepar 3D with the A2A C 182.

Would be perfect practice, same plane same GPS.

Now if I could afford a Garmin 750 for my plane that would have been nice :) but it is crazy expensive.

Wowed...live anywhere near 40935???

...be happy to chip in for 1/2 the gas!

Let us know how the A2a compares to your real deal!

Ok...if you're determined to fly P 3-D, then the wisest 530/430 GNS combination is in my experience going to be the Mindstar.. it's predecessor, Reality XP GNS 530W XP, only works in FSX.

PM ME...I have more info re the Mindstar...and go to the Pilotedge forum and look me and Mindstar up...I was pretty aggressive with him, because he wasn't giving any of us straight answers until I really pressed him....you decide whether you want that kind of response for your product.

He comes from the training field and is playing things pretty close to the breast although his product is pretty damned impressive.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

RXP is still more realistic than mindstar - I'd stick with FSX and use the 430 there for a while.

Or just download the 430 trainer and play around with it at home for practice.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wowed...live anywhere near 40935???

...be happy to chip in for 1/2 the gas!

Let us know how the A2a compares to your real deal!

Ok...if you're determined to fly P 3-D, then the wisest 530/430 GNS combination is in my experience going to be the Mindstar.. it's predecessor, Reality XP GNS 530W XP, only works in FSX.

PM ME...I have more info re the Mindstar...and go to the Pilotedge forum and look me and Mindstar up...I was pretty aggressive with him, because he wasn't giving any of us straight answers until I really pressed him....you decide whether you want that kind of response for your product.

He comes from the training field and is playing things pretty close to the breast although his product is pretty damned impressive.

Chas

Chas would be happy to take you but Im in Costa Rica.

Herea a video :)

I have beeen reading about the Mindstar in Prepar 3D and lots of complains about CTD, Im going to wait until is more trouble free.

As for how does the A2A 182 compares to the real plane?

Very very good flight model, the best I have tried, its not overpowered (like most planes on the sim) doesnt float like a glider and the sinking is quite realistic,roll sensitivity seems perfect too, ground roll very realistic.

Really no complaints at all.

Very happy with it.

I think the term "lots of complains" is a bit more than the actual quantity. However... the reason for the CTD is because of a bug in the core sim. To get the built in autopilot to follow the flight plan in our 430/530 units... we 'inject' our flight plan into the core sim. It's a supported function, that has a few bugs one of which can cause a CTD. We were never able to interact with ACES regarding this problem and now find it impossible to discuss it with Lockheed-Martin.

So, it's not going to get "more trouble free" until such time as Lockheed-Martin provides a way for us to work with them on solving the problem without our giving away any "trade secrets" on how we do things.

We'd honestly love to have this issue go away, it's just out of our control to make it happen. If you're going to point out that RXP and/or Flight1 does this or that... I will ignore the comments because it would be improper for me to comment on them at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69