Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

MD-11F - BRING ME GIFTS!

Went plane spotting today.  This was my first time shotting during sunset.  Got to try out a couple of new techniques but most importantly I FINALLY shot the elusive UPS MD-11F that lands there at dusk.  It was a Kodak moment.

MD-11.jpg

MD-11-Landing.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks Q!   One more processed tonight before bedtime!   He kept me bathed in the spotlight until he was right at the fence line.  I gave him the thumbs up and he switched the taxi lights off and turn in to the left to his cargo ramp.  It was awesome to get to see this bird finally with my own two eyes in action.

MD-11-Taxi.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Again, a fantastic shot. I have had the good fortune to travel on a pax EVA Air MD11, they are awesome.

Scott

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I had the fortune to see one at YSSY, but the crappy cellphone photo through the terminal glass as it went up thru 1,500' isn't quite as good as yours! That last one is great.

Been flying the virtual one all weekend thus far, taking the opportunity to do some long haul with the wife & child away.

Mike

How many Amazon Prime packages do you think were on that freighter :lol:

Love the pictures, Kuragiman. It sounds like you've been trying to catch this bird for a while.

Nice work!

How many Amazon Prime packages do you think were on that freighter :lol:

Love the pictures, Kuragiman. It sounds like you've been trying to catch this bird for a while.

Nice work!

I have.   The MD-11's are usually all parked in a nice neat row next to the fence by where I shoot but FINALLY caught one in the air.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I don't frequent this forum, however those shots are absolutely top shelf material; Nice Job!

RE Thomason Jr.

Thanks everyone.   I think I have caught the plane spotter bug.  It's so relaxing to just sit on the hill side and watch these big machines come zooming by at close range.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Which airport is that? Nice shots... the MD-11 birds are awesome in all respects...