Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?

Hmmm...what forum does this thread belong in?

Anyway.  I've sat on the sidelines for all of the sales thus far and I'm wondering what folks bought that they liked as well as what they didn't like.  So, fess up.  :P

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I am with you this year. Not to hard to pass up the deals so far this year. I have found that since changing over to Prepar3D, I don't have to keep chasing new stuff all the time for the Flight Sim Fix. Things working pretty good and now I am just "plane" in love with the A2A Cessna 182. Now very content to just fly and wait on LM's next release. See what happens wit DX12 and maybe even P3D with SLI.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I bought the a2a C182 at full price, and absolutely love it.. with a GTN 750 in the panel..

:P

Bert

I wasnt prepared for december sales last year, and missed out on several things I would have wanted and what I didnt have the budget for. So this year I made sure I was prepared. :P

-A2A C182 and I love it! Hardly used any other aircraft since I bought it.

-Milviz B350i, still in alpha version, but everything about it promises it to be a most wonderful aircraft when it's completed.

-FTX PWN, NRM, PFJ, NOR, KORS, WA56, 05S. Absolute awesomeness!

-Jon Patch Victoria Plus for PNW. Some very nice detailing for KORS area.

-Zinertek HD airport graphics. Very nice overhaul for the airport buildings.

-And for the 5 bucks, I couldnt pass on FSX:SE

Oh, and last but not least, a Gigabyte GTX780. Yummy! :Big Grin:

Santa was very kind, this year. :wink:

Cheers!

Maarten

I confess to going a little nuts. Missed them all last year. Haven't tried everything yet.

Vancouver+ V3

REX Ess w/Overdrive

Coranado:

C206 Station Air

C337

Skywagon BushX

Alabeo C177 Cardinal

2 sonic Solutions Sound Packs

JustFlight

DC-8

Updated to L1011 Pro

Air Hauler

Orbx CRM

FScene 4X Total Pack

FSgenius US Landclass

Steam Edition FSX

Can't say I'm too thrilled with the StationAir. It rattles the walls but a bit long in the tooth visually. Fun, but I went and bought the C337H and I like that better

I have already bought too much but hey the CC want be here till next year.

Carenado

C90B King Air

B58 Baron

C337H

PA34 Seneca V HD

Flightbeam

KDEN

Steam

FSX-Steam

FSDT

Geneva Airport

So far pleased with my purchases especially since they were all on sale.

May pick up some more Orbx stuff and if Capt Sim has their sale will consider

L1011. Maybe FlyTampa might get in the Christmas spirit and have a Sale.

Merry Christmas,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lionheart Lear Jet powered by reality XP. Its like a drug, cant stop using it

ZORAN

I bought the a2a C182 at full price, and absolutely love it.
Yes its a cool alright, everything works perfect!  And all the extra goodies and menus you get, amazing,  Bought at full price, very happy. 

Also B1900D for Prd3D,  my worst purchase ever. 

ORbtx, Global, Vector and Europe all at full price,  very nice
Orbtx Uk and Southampton Airport at sale price, very happy

Rex Texture Direct at sale price, again very happy.

Opus Weather, full price,  pretty cool has everything you need,  Cameras + Weather

Euro Trucker 2 + Far Cry 4 + FXS Steam.

I need to burn my Credit Card

Well, I haven't bought that many add-ons for fs9, but after seeing Carenado's 80% off sale for fs9, I purchased 10. Haha. Yes 10. Just over $50!! Not that long ago I may have been able to purchase 3.

So I'm happy even if they aren't perfect, for $4-5, who can complain? :D

I have Aerowerx King Air for FS9, you interested? I don't think I ever used it. Help pay my cc bill??? :wacko:

Eggnog, I buy Egnogg and sometimes some Dark Rum to go with it! And just about everything Carenado has to sell.  But in the long run, nothing I REALLY want like Flight 1 GTN etc.

I guess Flight1 doesn't do the holidays.  Not a sale in sight beyond the $10 off their 182.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Bought a 6 core i7 5820K, ASRock X99 Extreme 6 motherboard and 16Gigs Crucial DDR4 RAM all to get an extra 10fps out of my favourite sim X-Plane 10 at a cost of €901. Surprisingly, given the cost, I'd have to say it was worth it. I've spent many many years pursuing my concept of the perfect sim, something you are all familiar with I imagine, not to mention the many thousands of euro and I have finally reached that point where XP10 lives up to the ideal. I think I've finally done what has been just a dream for so long. I favour VFR flight in my home country Ireland in small Cessnas and Robinson R22 which I figure is what I would do in real life if money were no object. Let's face it at this stage of my life I'm never going to learn to fly big iron. I'm finally perfectly content to say my current simulation environment is as real as it can get when you consider that you're actually seated at a desk in front of a PC. I'm not able to run at totally maxed out settings but nobody is with X-Plane though I can run high enough to not see anything that bugs me and I'm hard to please. If it never got better I'd still be happy. It may not be everybodys dream but it was a simple one of mine and it's realised, it's a good day today!