Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG Products in FSX SE

Captains-

In late 2014, Dovetail Games acquired the rights to continue development of the former Microsoft Flight Simulator ™ franchise and announced that they intended to put FSX into distribution on the Steam platform.

This product was released without much fanfare- and unfortunately has left us at PMDG a bit in the lurch because we haven't seen the product in operation and thus aren't prepared to comment on whether our products are compatible or not.

I suspect that all of our FSX based products are easily compatible with FSX SE, but obviously we need to go through the process of confirming this, **AND** we need to examine the installation processes to determine how to update the installers so that you can use them with FSX SE if desired.

Normally this would be a quick-hit kind of thing, but most of the team is on vacation for Christmas/New Year- and we had no advance information on the platform layout, etc- so it will take us a bit of time to get caught up.

We will keep you posted- but please bear with us while we work through the process...

ADDITIONAL NOTE:  In various other threads I have made some comments regarding PMDG's concerns as a developer in the community- and our concerns about Dovetail's stewardship of the former MSFS platform.  Some folks seemed to misinterpret these concerns and got it into their heads that PMDG isn't supporting FSX SE...  Those conclusions were incorrect...  so if you see anyone commenting along those lines- please point them to this thread for correction.

PMDG is supporting our products in FSX SE...  We just have to make some tweaks, as previously discussed.

This post has been promoted to an article

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

First! Cheers Robert for that info.

Very great news. waiting for the some tweaks!

Jehad Hamdan

Thank you Robert for the clarification.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Robert, are we able to use our FSX installers in FSX SE? Or like with P3D is that not allowed? I am wondering if you are looking at this from the standpoint of two products or just one with installers for each platform,

Thanks

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I think steam is just a platform that enables you to purchase games online via download. Once installed it should be the same.

Could this team be updating the game also? Or its just about redistribution?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Gents-

Our products that are licensed for use in FSX may be used in either the MS distributed version or the Steam distributed version. 

Our installers currently do not recognize the Steam version and we are working to change that.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Could this team be updating the game also? Or its just about redistribution?

I have been testing FSX SE for couple of hours now and can report that Dovetail have altered some things with the coding. I was able to use DX10 for the first time ever, with all sliders up and frames locked at 30fps, I was getting consistant 29.9 - 30 frames in the stormy weather scenario( overcast ). Smooth running with no stutters. I think we all know that Dovetail will be on the addon bandwagon same as train sim, but whatever they have done with FSX is good indeed. Cant wait to get the PMDG birds in there.

Mike Summerfield.

I have been testing FSX SE for couple of hours now and can report that Dovetail have altered some things with the coding. I was able to use DX10 for the first time ever, with all sliders up and frames locked at 30fps, I was getting consistant 29.9 - 30 frames in the stormy weather scenario( overcast ). Smooth running with no stutters. I think we all know that Dovetail will be on the addon bandwagon same as train sim, but whatever they have done with FSX is good indeed. Cant wait to get the PMDG birds in there.

Mike Summerfield.

Hi all,

First, thank you so much Robert, I always knew you would come through for our poor addicted simmers.

Mike, I have been adding add-ons, and testing for 2 days now, and getting the same results. I even installed FSX SE, on  my old quad-core machine, with a 560, and it shows a lot of improvement.  Would like to hear what the SLI folks have to say.

As you probably know FSUIPC has been updated, and works.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

have you tested FSDreamteam, flytampa, flightbeam stuff also?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Boaz,  not yet!,,   having to much fun testing what I have so far...

Jerry Friz