Sign in to follow this  
Bicilindrico

B737NGX Overhead Panel not Appearing (shift+6)

Hello!

I fly the B737NGX, (ASNext, EFASS, iVap, EZDOK).

Recently I purchased 3 TVs 32"(full HD) and through NVidia Surround I enjoy flying in VC (Palit Nvidia GTX780 3GB Jetstream)

I also have extra 3 monitors, 2 touchscreens and one simple monitor, with the intention of using them to a second card ( Palit GTX 760 4GB Jetstream) for undocking some panels and gauges (FMC, Overhead Panel, PFD, MFD etc).

Apart from the fact that I haven't find the way to make all screens work correctly, I faced a very important problem.

When I press shift+1 a black window appears at the bottom 1/3 of the main screen.

shift+2 nothing happens. And the cursor seems to go crazy with respect to disappearing the arrow and the "circulating" sign appearing instead of the arrow.

shift+6 exactly the same thing. (where the Overhead Panel is supposed to be). 

All other combinations (shift+3, +4, +5, +7) work with no problems.

I assume there is a conflict error but I do not know where to focus.

I checked in Settings of FSX, "VIEWS" subcategory, and all the shift combinations are there.

I tried to "disable" the EZDOK from inside FSX (GLOBAL DISABLE) but nothing changed.

Where is this Overhead Panel? How will I recover it? What are the Steps?

Is there anyone that could make a guess or a suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

Ok, that is one darn set up. It could be many possibilities. 1 could just be that your overriding the NGX by opening up to many windows. Another is that its trying to receive the file to display but the file isnt there or its getting misdirect( probably not the issue). try to repair it or uninstall it and reinstall it, make sure you have SP2 and the latest updates. update all your drivers and hardware. if that doesnt work then contact PMDG. 

Ok, that is one darn set up. It could be many possibilities. 1 could just be that your overriding the NGX by opening up to many windows. Another is that its trying to receive the file to display but the file isnt there or its getting misdirect( probably not the issue). try to repair it or uninstall it and reinstall it, make sure you have SP2 and the latest updates. update all your drivers and hardware. if that doesnt work then contact PMDG. 

Thank you for your reply!

The problem is not the multiple monitors, since I faced it before using NVsurround. This is the time I just need the Overhead for undocking...

It behaves as if the "file" isn't there...or misdirected...

I have the latest PMDG updates and I check the PMDG operations center frequently. 

Could EZDOK be the responsible factor? If yes...how can I tell? By uninstalling probably?

You mean to uninstall and re-install PMDG?

Oohhh...that sounds frustrating...but if solves the problem...then I'll have to do it...

uninstall EZdok and see if it works then if it doesnt you know its not EZDOCK

I entered the corresponding .dll and from inside there I disabled EZDOK (disable<false>disable changed to disable<true>disable) and again nothing happened, meaning that I faced the same problem.

The way I disabled EZDOK is efficient? I mean I didn't uninstall it but I disabled it as I described above....

If it is enough, then I know already that it isn't EZDOK...??

Just for the history,

I very nicy guy form PMDG support sent me through email a panel.cfg file made for B738NGX for triple monitor set ups. Everything now, including the Overhead Panel, undocks with no problems!!

Thank you PMDG!!