Sign in to follow this  
dogbrush

FSX SE

Has anybody managed to get Tileproxy working with FSX SE (Steam edition) yet? (I tried and failed - I'll give it another go over christmas and try and work out at which point it's going wrong!) :)

Thanks risingbridge, that's hopefull anyway! Tried a fresh install and it's still not working for me. What O/S are you using?

I installed it with no problems. Just make sure the install points to the FSX-folder inside Steam/Steamapps/Common...

I followed this procedure as described (although I have the Steam folder located on a separate partition). I noticed my scenery.cfg file wasn't updated, possibly because of this. Does anyone have a sample of the code that TileProxy should have been inserted into the scenery.cfg file?

I have both Steam and CD versions installed...

When trying to add Tileproxy to the steam version,

Tileproxy updates the CD fsx.cfg not the steam version.

It ignores the <user>\appData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE folder and writes

into the CD's <user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder.

Any solution?

No 'eggs' in the dos window.  Those ovals showing progress of tileproxy in its loading...

I've been struggling for several days now to get TP to work with FSX-SE.  Possibly a problem related to SimConnect .  i get same result as burns.  Everything seems to load ok, there are no error messages but nothing appears in the TP console window after "TileProxy is ready for takeoff".  Also I get nothing in the log file in fsx_SimConnect folder.

Dovetail simply say they cannot guarantee compatibility with all 3rd pary software.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

It was hard but finally Tile Proxy is working with FSX SE and Win10 :

• 1) Create a cache folder (better on another HDD or SSD) (me : D:\TileProxy\)
  • 2) Install TP : Destination folder by default (shoul be the "steam\common\ ...")
  • 3) When asking for "cache" an "photoreal" : type your folder in 1) (D:\TileProxy\)
  • 4) Set the others options as you like
  • 5) Windows 10 will show an error for the unsigned driver
  • 6)  Run "Digital Signature Enforcement Overrider" (dseo13b.exe)
  • 7) Select "Sign a system file" an next
  • 8) Search for "tileproxy.sys" or paste "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys"
  • 9) Reboot and do again 2) 3) 4) : no more signature error
  • 10) Disable superfetch services (Windows key and R : "services.msc")

Now there is a problem with Windows UAC  : Usually to disable UAC you have to slide down the security in user account interface but there is another UAC hidden in Windows 10. For TP to work you have to edit the registry and disable LUA (0).

By doing this a lot of Windows 10 features as mail, market, internet explorer (edge) will not work anymore. You have to set back LUA to default (1) for using these features. So you have to switch between LUA Off and LUA On depends of what you would like to do.

I create a .REG registry key for do it faster (view link at the bottom)

• 11) To do this "manually" you have to lauch Regedit (Windows key and R : regedit) and go to this tree : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] right click on "EnableLUA" and set the value to 0 (set it to 1 if you want to enable it back)
  • 12) In the "ProxyUser.ini" you have have to search for "cache_folder" and set your folder created in 1) (i have one set : view link at the bottom)
  • 13) Now the great surprise is that your FSX SE does not work anymore (FSX has stopped working) , it is because of the SimConnect.MSI provided by TP is an old version. In Steam, right click on FSX / Properties and browse in tabs to find a "Verify Files Integrity" (Or something like this, mine is in french)
  • OR
  • You can install it manually by lauching SimConnect.MSI from this folder : H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK.

The first launch will be a bit slow dependings your config

Hope it helps.

Links to tools : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bDJlKR6mBhV002Y2NyUWtXVWc/view?pli=1

I know it's kind of an old topic, but I wanted to give TileProxy a try. Followed the above instructions, and when I start tileproxy, I get this: 

ce1526da22.png