Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 SceneryFixer on Steam Edition

Currently DX10SF installs and works normally if you just have the new Steam Edition installed. I am unaware of any issues but let me know if you find any.

There are several issues if you have both the SE and DVD version installed. There is no easy workaround - I will try and update the installer as soon as possible.

Currently DX10SF installs and works normally if you just have the new Steam Edition installed. I am unaware of any issues but let me know if you find any.

There are several issues if you have both the SE and DVD version installed. There is no easy workaround - I will try and update the installer as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update. I can assume you contacted Dovetail about their plans on what they would do with DX10.

Júnior Silva

The great support Steve, thanks very much.

Al

That's great support Steve, thanks very much and best for the holidays.

Al

Thanks Steve. Just so you know, I had some issues getting everything running (had a dual install) and solved it by creating a duplicate fsx_se.cfg file in AppData folder, letting it patch that file and then using that file to replace my fsx_se.cfg. Also, initially it didn't recognize my FSX-SE directory and solved that by editing the default FSX install location in the registry.

GA, vintage propliner and Cold War-era jet aficionado
💜 Stardrifter - Twitch 📹 LostPilot - YouTube

Thanks Steve. Just so you know, I had some issues getting everything running (had a dual install) and solved it by creating a duplicate fsx_se.cfg file in AppData folder, letting it patch that file and then using that file to replace my fsx_se.cfg. Also, initially it didn't recognize my FSX-SE directory and solved that by editing the default FSX install location in the registry.

You will still have problems I think - when you make a change in the controller it will delete the compiled shader cache for FSX not FSX-SE - so you will need to do that manually.

My current idea (and it will take a little time) is to allow a second link to DX10Controller from the desktop which controls FSX-SE in a dual install

You will still have problems I think - when you make a change in the controller it will delete the compiled shader cache for FSX not FSX-SE - so you will need to do that manually.

My current idea (and it will take a little time) is to allow a second link to DX10Controller from the desktop which controls FSX-SE in a dual install

Yep, I forgot to mention that. It did give me the notice about manually deleting the shaders (both caches). I deleted them and FSX rebuilt them and everything worked fine. Thanks for your commitment to getting the installer tweaked!

GA, vintage propliner and Cold War-era jet aficionado
💜 Stardrifter - Twitch 📹 LostPilot - YouTube

Dovetail just announced that there will be an update to FSX Steam Edition soon. They didn't say anything about DX10 Preview Mode.

Júnior Silva

So just to confirm, Does the fixer work with only  FSX-SE installed? 

Im having issues with dual installs. Should I just uninstall FSX or will that create problems with my FSX-SE install?

ZORAN

2.6 only works if you have just FSX DVD Edition or just Steam Edition installed.

The next version should support a PC with both installed but you will have to select which one is operational for DX10SF.

2.6 only works if you have just FSX DVD Edition or just Steam Edition installed.

The next version should support a PC with both installed but you will have to select which one is operational for DX10SF.

Thanks for confirming. By that last part of the sentance, do you mean that if you are planning to use FSX Classic on this day, you must select FSX Classic as Operational before running it while if you plan to use FSX Steam Edition on another day, you must select FSX Steam Edition as Operational prior to running it. As for Steam Edition, will it support the update released earlier this week?

Júnior Silva

Yes - if you uninstall the libraries from the Classic system you can change the installation directory to the Steam Edition and install the libraries into the other system. It then uses the correct shader directory and FSX.cfg for the system.

This is the only way I could find to make it work reliably - attempts to allow both to run leads to various undesirable scenarios.

As far as I am aware it works with the updated version - is there an issue you are aware of?

Yes - if you uninstall the libraries from the Classic system you can change the installation directory to the Steam Edition and install the libraries into the other system. It then uses the correct shader directory and FSX.cfg for the system.

This is the only way I could find to make it work reliably - attempts to allow both to run leads to various undesirable scenarios.

As far as I am aware it works with the updated version - is there an issue you are aware of?

Thanks for the information. I just want to feel 100% confident that it will work well with the updated version of FSX Steam Edition. I am OK with uninstalling and changing the directories to FSX Steam Edition mode. Come to think of it, how will it work (just curious)?

Júnior Silva