Sign in to follow this  
vortex681

FSX-SE Incompatibility Thread

I  know that there's already a compatibility thread already on the forum. However, most add-ons seem to work (to a greater or lesser extent) and the thread is now many pages long mainly of successes. I'm trying FSX-SE on my laptop and it's working reasonably well and I'm more interested in what currently doesn't work. So please can we have a list of specifically what doesn't work - hopefully a much shorter and more manageable list. Please stick to facts rather than rumours!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Multiplayer "direct connect" capability is apparently absent.

Flying on Steam servers is not an option for me. My use requires the ability to connect

to the Digital Theme Park servers, thus I have to mark FSX-SE 'incompatible' in that area.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Per their forum, the Flight1 Citation Mustang does not work. Apparently a fix is in the works.

Bill

Intel Core i7 8700-K (OC'd)  |  Noctua D-15S Cooler  |  Asus ROG Strix Z-370E Motherboard  |  G-Skill Trident-Z 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM  |  Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD  |  EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card x 2 (2-Way SLI)  |  Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case upgraded with Noctua fans  |  Corsair 1000W Power Supply  |  MSI - Optix MAG24C 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor x 3  |  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

As best I know, Reality XP GNS gauges do not work, another big loss IMHO..

Bert

It would be helpful if everyone would specify whether it is a separate FSX steam installation or a dual MS FSX and FSX Steam installation. This affects the names of some installation folders, and may affect whether a particular addon installs correctly or not. Also, it may make a difference whether FSX:SE is installed in a programs folder or not.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

It would be helpful if everyone would specify whether it is a separate FSX steam installation or a dual MS FSX and FSX Steam installation. This affects the names of some installation folders, and may affect whether a particular addon installs correctly or not. Also, it may make a difference whether FSX:SE is installed in a programs folder or not.

Mike

You are correct. I found working with a developer on a new (Old FSX )  SE addon , that a side by side and a standalone install makes a difference with what installers will work.

I can confirm that in DUAL installation mode Citation Mustang doesn't work, today I'll try on the stand alone installation only with SE.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I can confirm that in DUAL installation mode Citation Mustang doesn't work, today I'll try on the stand alone installation only with SE.

I'll be very interested to hear what you find out.  I was planning on trying the same eventually by installing FSX-SE on my P3D-only machine.  Gotta take my family to the real-world airport and run some other errands first, though. 

Bill

Intel Core i7 8700-K (OC'd)  |  Noctua D-15S Cooler  |  Asus ROG Strix Z-370E Motherboard  |  G-Skill Trident-Z 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM  |  Samsung 970 Evo 1TB SSD  |  EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card x 2 (2-Way SLI)  |  Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case upgraded with Noctua fans  |  Corsair 1000W Power Supply  |  MSI - Optix MAG24C 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor x 3  |  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I'll be very interested to hear what you find out.  I was planning on trying the same eventually by installing FSX-SE on my P3D-only machine.  Gotta take my family to the real-world airport and run some other errands first, though. 

Ok Bill stay tuned I'll tell you asa FSX-SE is downloaded and installed.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

This is a theory but the pmdg stuff might work if fsx se is the only version installed since all the registry stuff will be like the boxed version