Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

REX Soft Clouds in FSX ?

Do these look blurry?

Soft Clouds

zCxr7.jpg

Fog

kKuyC.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Mark - I wouldn't hesitate to get these.  I've been using REX4 since it came out but these new clouds have totally changed the sim for me.  I don't mind the second interface at all as it is very easy to use and fast.  These really do look true to life, especially the overcast from underneath and above (currently using Set 16).  I was using the 512 textures in REX4 which I know some people are saying does the same thing but it does not.  The screenshots don't do them justice either, you have to see it in the sim.  I did a flight a couple days ago and literally sat there saying 'wow'.  DX-10, UTX 2 and these new clouds have made FSX....well.... quite amazing.....

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Anyone tried these out in FSX and if so please report results.  thanks!

Watch this

How does REX Sc interact with FSX's weather control system?

Do I still set my weather conditions in FSX/World/Weather (i.e. fair weather, building storms, real weather, etc.) and REX simply integrates its clouds into FSX, OR does REX have its own weather systerm/controller? If so how does one then integrate the REX weather within FSX? Thanks!

Do I still set my weather conditions in FSX/World/Weather (i.e. fair weather, building storms, real weather, etc.) and REX simply integrates its clouds into FSX, OR does REX have its own weather systerm/controller? If so how does one then integrate the REX weather within FSX? Thanks!

REX is only changing your textures - your weather engine of choice displays them - that's pretty much it

Rich Sennett

Hi Mitch, I believe it was you who posted in our forum, which I did answer.

@Rich, thanks! :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Here's a couple more for those still in doubt:

veUnN.jpg

iw5sz.jpg

I'm more than happy! :lol:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes Rich, I thought I might not be able to get and answer because I had no order number... so I went here. Sorry.

Your answer was very complete! I especially like that I can "install and forget it", I think you said. I will give it a  try. Thanks again!

Carl

================

Hi Mitch, I believe it was you who posted in our forum, which I did answer.

@Rich, thanks! :)

Your welcome Buddy

Yes Rich, I thought I might not be able to get and answer because I had no order number... so I went here. Sorry.

Your answer was very complete! I especially like that I can "install and forget it", I think you said. I will give it a  try. Thanks again!

Carl

================

Install and forget it is correct - keep trying different choices until yor happy with it

Nice shots Jose

Rich Sennett

Here's a couple more for those still in doubt:

veUnN.jpg

iw5sz.jpg

I'm more than happy! :lol:

Wow, that looks very nice. Just to be sure, these were taken in FSX?

I am considering buying Soft Clouds to compliment REX4 but I am still not sure if FSX makes full use of what Soft Clouds has to offer, it seems like most people feel they are intended mainly for Prepar3D. I know Prepar3D 2.0 has a nice volumetric fog effect, are these tailored specifically for that or do they still work well in FSX?

Wow, that looks very nice. Just to be sure, these were taken in FSX?

I am considering buying Soft Clouds to compliment REX4 but I am still not sure if FSX makes full use of what Soft Clouds has to offer, it seems like most people feel they are intended mainly for Prepar3D. I know Prepar3D 2.0 has a nice volumetric fog effect, are these tailored specifically for that or do they still work well in FSX?

They work in FSX and P3D - You just dont install P3D features into FSX

Rich Sennett