APX12100.bgl

APX13110.bgl

APX13130.bgl

OBX12100.bgl

OBX12100.bgl

Dick

Here's a fix for the above missing airports in the boundary area:

https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=F3950C5BBD2BCFA1%21822

Use the AddonManager to install it. Hopefully, these are all the airports missing in the FSX conversion.

Dick

Thanks, it definitely works for lots of airports, but some airports like Whitehorse or Burwash Airport in the south-west corner are still missing.

Thanks, all Canadian airports seem to be there now, but the addon also seems to interfere with the Alaskan airports on the other side of the border. In Juneau for example the runway hovers above the ground.

Using BoundaryFixes version 0.0.0.4 has been interesting.  Thanks rhumba!  I am almost finished revisiting all 29 "Canadian Border" airports that I found back in 2012.  Almost all 29 of them now have runways and the navigation aids if they were there.  There are a few that when you land on them, your "unique airports" count does not go up.  CYZW - Teslin and CFA5 - Carcross are  2 that don't.  I don't know why that is.  One nice surprise is how many of these 29 border airports now have Job Boards.  I thought someone said those are not currently available.

Thanks again,

Tom 

I thought someone said those are not currently available.

Steve fixed that - I think.

BTW:  Ignore what I said about "Unique Airport Count"  It's working on the converted FSX airports just fine.

As was mentioned earlier, some of the airports in the Alaska-Canadian border zone have some unusual graphics.  But if you want a real landing challenge, try CEK2 - Braeburn, which is in a deep canyon!  I don't know if anyone is interested in fine tuning this area any more.  I'm just glad it's there.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Steve is working on some issues with airport conversion, so we may soon be able to make FSX airports with ADEX and then convert them to Flight. That will allow us to correct airports, such as CEK2, just as we can in FSX. We can already correct terrain issues such as waterpolys, shorelines, landclasspolys, flattens, roads... (we just need to compile whole QMID11 areas).

Hopefully, we'll be able to add photoreal images in the future... their format is different in Flight than in FSX.

Dick

Can the temporary 7 gig folder created and used during the FSX content conversion process be deleted after the process is complete?  I would think it can be, but I thought I'd ask before deleting, just to make sure.  And, I apologize if the answer is clearly written in the instructions and I failed to read it.  :mellow:

Thanks.

Dano

Yes. Delete any temporary folders. The FSX conversion will be in your Flight Content folder.

Dick

Much appreciated. Mahalo.