Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

Too bad noone still flies in 32-bit though

It is now 64 Bit ready.

Can customize a few things like where the ATC window will appear (TopLeft, bottomLeft, TopRight or BottomRight).

Can select text colours for Title, Options as well as a colour to highlight selection, so you get feedback about selection. Something that's not even available with original RC4

Good news!

I'd really like to see an ATC developer come on board too, and would sell an organ to have VoxATC for X-Plane (and yes I've tried Pilot2ATC).

What did you think of Pilot2ATC?

What did you think of Pilot2ATC?

Well, I haven't used it extensively but for me it still needs more work to make it more user friendly. When I flew the tutorial flight it vectored me back to the airport I had just took off from. You also get some strange headings... "Turn right fly heading 213". I suggest you try the 15-day trial and give it a go.

Just re-read this thread again - are we saying that with MCE we can now use the RC4 with XP10 64-bit?

Do we need a copy of FSX installed for the runways (makerwys.exe) etc.?

If so, what about the cases where the runways don't match XP?

Sorry for all the questions but as I have RC4 this has aroused my curiosity!

It is now 64 Bit ready.

Can customize a few things like where the ATC window will appear (TopLeft, bottomLeft, TopRight or BottomRight).

Can select text colours for Title, Options as well as a colour to highlight selection, so you get feedback about selection. Something that's not even available with original RC4

Guess it's not in the demo, nor the guide. Any videos?

Do we need a copy of FSX installed for the runways (makerwys.exe) etc.?
If so, what about the cases where the runways don't match XP?

You can if you want. Having said that it's pointless since makerunways extracts data from bgl files, which isn't what XPX uses, unless that same custom scenry has been released for both FSX and X-Plane, in which case the data will still be relevant.

FSX installation won't be required.

Yes, there will be the odd airport runway mismatch.

There are a couple of other limitations, like RC4 not being able to slew aircraft to departure airport or see traffic.

How do we acquire the plugin to make RC4 work in XPX.

NAX669.png

How do we acquire the plugin to make RC4 work in XPX.

It will be a low cost plugin to be released in about a month.

You simply download it, run "SetupRC4" and it will take care of all the rest.

Awesome! You could get nominated for man of the year by the XPX crowd.

NAX669.png

Gerald,

Are you familiar with ProFlight Emulator? Could the same process be applied to that program?

NAX669.png

Gerald,

Are you familiar with ProFlight Emulator? Could the same process be applied to that program?

Yes, very fmiliar with PFE and using it too. Both RC4 and PFE are worthy ATC add-ons. Unfortunately it's not a straight copy the process and try it with the other. We've actually did. So far not connecting. There are subtle differences that need to be worked out.

Will need to try other things, and hopefully will be interfaced at some point. We are confident it can be done.

It's Just that the schedule is a bit tight, with ongoing support for various complex X-Plane aircraft.

Will let you know when there is a breakthrough

Wow, but how will it handle Waypoints? RC4 requires you to pass WP for further instructions.