Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.0 - FSX scenery conversion

I was wondering if it was possible to do instrument approaches in other parts of the country like New Jersey. With the FSX conversion and the World enabled, I went over to Ocean County Airport in New Jersey and flew the ILS runway 6 approach in a Maule. Localizer and glideslope and cross identifier VOR all worked perfectly. I was surprised that all these navaids and approaches would work. Absolutely amazing stuff going on here. Many great thanks to all who have enabled this. Hard to believe even though you are experiencing it. Once again, many, many thanks.

Bokchoy -

That's good news. I haven't had time to experiment with this so I'm glad to see some of our members are finding these little jewels.

Thanks for posting this.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I believe that navaids for the entire world were included in the base Flight installation. Just no airports or landforms! :lol:

Thankfully, Steve fixed that.

Best regards.

Luis

Do the NDBs also work?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hey Luis, long time no see :P

Steve A

Re: jcomm: Do NDBs work?

They probably do since all the other navaids are working. However, none of the supplied aircraft seem to have an ADF installed, nor do they seem to have any workable GPS. Therefore you cannot do traditional NDB approaches are far as I can see. I have been using the instruments in the Rans RV to do instrument approaches and they are working fine.