Sign in to follow this  
utd4life

Connecting external monitor

Hey everyone,

Trying to connect TV as an external monitor using VGA cable or a HDMI cable, however the only way I can get the VGA and HDMI ports on the PC to work is by enabling onboard graphics, but then by doing this it conflicts with my Nvidia GTX 650 meaning that P3D loads and then closes down because of both the graphics on-board and the nvidia running.

Is there anyway I can get around this?

If I disable the onboard graphics using device manager the TV disconnects because it disables the ports on the computer.

Thanks,

Daniel

HI  Daniel,

I don't think you can use the 2 graphics options at the same time.. i tried it and my PC wouldn't see the 5th monitor using on board graphics.... i tried to hook up a 10" touch screen for my MCDU but unless i plugged it straight into the graphics cards it wouldn't even show up...

It is odd that your card wont even see the TV if plugged directly into it? Windows should pick that up either HDMI or VGA? Having said that, perhaps there is some special settings needing to be addressed for TV's... others here may be able to assist as i don't use a TV as yet..

Cheers

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug