Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Mountain Elevations

I'm trying to venture out and fly in some new areas.  But, one issue that I've always had is determining the height of mountains.  In the clouds, ATC will fly you right into a mountain.  Is there anything in the sim (or relatively easy to find outside of it) that can help determine how high those mountains are?  Thanks, Rick

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Rick,

Have you tried using PlanG? An excellent donationware flight planner. You can download additional (free) digital elevation modal files that it will use in conjunction with your flight plan to show you the terrain you will be flying over.

You can download the manual here http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/ and the details about the plan elevation window are on page 75.

I haven't tried it in 2.4, but it worked in 2.1 so I don't think there should be any problems.

Steve Weeks

Have you tried using PlanG? An excellent donationware flight planner.

+1

Use it for most flights on another PC via simconnect as my "moving map" display. Terrain info is very useful when flying over the Alps etc. Great donationware.

PS: If you try to network PlanG and it doesn't work check to make sure you have installed simconnect into P3D (it doesn't install automatically).

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Great - I'll check out PlanG.  Thanks!

Rick Abshier

Hey Rick,

If You have too look up at the Mountain - You are too Low !!

There are OLD Pilots - and there are BOLD Pilots - There are VERY FEW - OLD - BOLD Pilots

Happy New Year ALL !

Johnman

Happy New Year!  Yes, that is true about looking up!  But, what concerns me is when I'm in the clouds - Rick

Rick Abshier

Hey Rick,

Thank You - Happy New Year back at You - and Please refer to My Second Statement ! :BigGrin: :smile: :wink:

Johnman